The Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Tibs.mn is a dangerous Trojan that always slips in the windows based systems without providing any prior information to the user. The hackers uses various tricks to spread this Trojan virus including junk mail attachments, social media links and compromised web pages. Once installed, the Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Tibs.mn, can be extremely lethal for the system resources as well as data privacy. It alters the browser settings, and you will find that the default search provider along with the search engine is changed automatically. You will also see a number of new icons on the desktop, and the system starts behaving weirdly. This dangerous Trojan is responsible of running a huge number of pop-up ads on the screendue to which it becomes almost impossible for the users to perform their routine tasks. Most of your web searches will be automatically diverted towards strange websites as the hackers use this Trojan infection for the commercial purposes. It eats a high percentage of system resources and makes the system extremely slow.
Removal of Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Tibs.mn
After knowing that the system is compromised to the Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Tibs.mn infection, your goal should be remove this virus as quickly as possible. The automatic removal of this browser hijacker is the most popular way to get rid of this infection. The manual removal of this virus has been possible yet extremely complicated, and only recommended for the advanced level users. The steps involved in the manual removal are as under:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
First of all you have to access the infected machine in the safe mode to start the manual removal process. In this regard, Restart the infected PC, and strike the F8 key repeatedly to see the boot options menu. Select the safe mode option from the boot options menu, and press the enter key to access the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Once the system is accessed in the safe mode, you have to start the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the processes tab under the task manager window to see the list of processes. Get rid of the following associated processes of this Trojan infection, before closing the task manager window:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Open the system files folder by using the file explorer, and remove the following files with the help of the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You have to remove the modifications created by this virus in the windows registry. Access the registry editor by executing the RegEdit command through the Run option on the Start Menu. When you are able to access the registry editor, remove the following corrupt entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Tibs.mn\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Tibs.mn\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Tibs.mn\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Tibs.mn\DisplayName Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Tibs.mn
Restart the computer in the normal mode after closing the registry editor, and run a complete system scan through an updated antivirus program.