The Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Small.buiw is a lethal Trojan horse that often sneaks in the windows based computers secretly. This Trojan horse virus acts as an adware, and once installed, it displays a lot of annoying pop-up ads on the screen of the infected computer. These ads are designed to redirect you towards compromising web pages where you can get infected with additional worms. Besides changing the critical settings in your system, the Trojan-Downloader. Win32. Small. be also modified the windows registry by adding the startup entry due to which this lethal Trojan horse starts automatically when you open your computer. Once installed, this verse starts utilizing most of the system resources, and resultantly, you will see slowdowns in the speed, and you will also experience regular crashes. This malicious application is developed by the hackers to steal the money of the computer users by stealing the crucial personal information that includes real name, passwords, shopping preferences, and credit card details.
The Manual Removal of Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Small.buiw
Once the presence of the Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Small.buiw is confirmed in your system you have to delete this stubborn Trojan horse immediately. The manual removal method to get rid of this virus is available but only recommended for the expert level computer users. Besides that, the automatic removal tools are also available. The instructions for the manual removal are as under:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
You have to reboot the computer in the safe mode. The safe mode can be accessed by using the F8 key repeatedly during the restart process to see the boot options menu. You have to select the safe mode option from the list and press the Enter key.
Kill the Associated Processes
Once the system is restarted in the safe mode, you have to remove the associated processes of this infection. You have to access the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys, and once the task manager accessed click on the processes tab to delete the following suspicious processes:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
After removing the processes you also have to remove the associated files and folders of the Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Small.buiw . Delete the following files hidden in the program files folder that are considered as associated files of this threat:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
To complete the manual removal process, you have to remove the corrupt entries from the windows registry by using the registry editor. The registry editor can be started by using the Regedit command that can be run through the start menu. Delete the following associated entries of the Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Small.buiw :-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Small.buiw\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Small.buiw\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Small.buiw\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Small.buiw\DisplayName Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Small.buiw
Close the registry editor, and restart the system in the normal mode to see whether the Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Small.buiw infection is removed successfully or otherwise. Update the existing antivirus and run a complete system scan if the virus is removed successfully.