The Trojan.Downloader.Spycos R is a dangerous malware virus that belongs to the Trojan horse family of viruses and enters in the system without getting permission from the user. Once installed, the Trojan.Downloader.Spycos R terminates all the running programs on the system. There are many obvious symptoms of getting this infection for example you system becomes super slow, you will see lots of annoying pop-up ads, and search redirection. No matter what antivirus you are using, you will never be able to detect this lethal Trojan virus through it. Once entered in the system, you will notice that your system is not just same and overall performance of the computer will degrade with each day. This malicious Trojan is capable of replicating itself on the same system and also on the other computers on the same network. It also creates the startup keys in the windows registry due to which every time you start the windows, this dangerous virus starts automatically.
The Manual Removal of Trojan.Downloader.Spycos R
After discovering the presence of the Trojan.Downloader.Spycos R infection in your computer, your goal is to delete this virus in a way that it never returns. You can try the manual removal method but keep in mind that this is a complicated option that involves several difficult steps. On the other hand the automatic removal of this Trojan infection is easy as well as quick. The steps involved in the manual removal of the Trojan.Downloader.Spycos R are mentioned below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
This stubborn Trojan horse virus can only be removed manually when the system is operating in the safe mode. In this regard, you have to reboot the computer and use the F8 key to access the boot options list where you have to select the safe mode and press the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
Access the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the processes tab once the task manager is accessed where you can see a list of running processes. You have to remove the following suspicious processes from the list:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Open the file explorer and delete the following associated files of this infection with the help of the Delete key from the system files folder:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Do not forget to remove the additions in the windows registry by using the registry editor. You have to access the registry editor by accessing the start menu, select Run, and execute the Regedit command. Once the registry editor accessed, you have to remove the following malicious entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Downloader.Spycos.R\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Downloader.Spycos.R\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Downloader.Spycos.R\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Downloader.Spycos.R\DisplayName Trojan.Downloader.Spycos.R
In the end you have to start the computer in the normal mode to see the effect of recent changes you have made.