The Trojan.Downloader.Small.AJI is an extremely dangerous computer virus belongs from the famous Trojan family of viruses, and attack the computers all over the world without providing any kind of information to the users. Once installed, the Trojan.Downloader.Small.AJI virus modifies the system registry, disable the antivirus program, changes the windows firewall, modify the internet and browsing settings to perform harmful activities. This deadly dangerous Trojan infection opens the backdoor in the system that allows the additional threats to enter in the computer. You will notice that the performance of the PC will be degraded every day, and the speed becomes super slow. All your searches are redirected towards unknown websites. Your privacy also compromised as this infection is used by the hackers to steal the private information about the targeted users. This malicious application is a dangerous weapon for the hackers to access the computers of the selected users and steal their money from their account or credit card through frauds.
The Manual Removal of Trojan.Downloader.Small.AJI
Once you are able to confirm the presence of the Trojan.Downloader.Small.AJI infection in your system, you have to find a way to get rid of this computer virus. There are both manual removal as well as the automatic removal methods available to get rid of this lethal Trojan infection. The automatic removal is easier and quicker as it hardly takes few minutes to remove this virus. However, the manual removal is a bit too much for the new users, and consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Reboot the computer in the safe mode in order to start the actual removal process of the Trojan.Downloader.Small.AJI virus. After restarting the PC, you just need to use the F8 key to access the boot options. Once the boot option menu displayed on the screen, you have to select the safe mode option and hit the Enter key to boot the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Open the windows task manager by using the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys, select the Processes tab and remove the following malicious processes associated with the Trojan.Downloader.Small.AJI infection:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Delete the following associated files of the Trojan.Downloader.Small.AJI virus hidden in the system files folder:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Reverse the changes made by this virus in the windows registry to complete the manual removal process. You have to run the “Regedit” command through the Start menu in order to access the registry editor through which you can remove the following suspicious entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Downloader.Small.AJI\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Downloader.Small.AJI\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Downloader.Small.AJI\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Downloader.Small.AJI\DisplayName Trojan.Downloader.Small.AJI
Once you are able to complete the above mentioned steps, close the registry editor and restart the computer in the normal mode to see the success of the manual removal process. Run a system scan after updating the current antivirus program.