The Trojan Downloader js.gumblar.x is a malicious application which belongs from the family of Trojan viruses. This is considered as one of the most dangerous Trojan application of recent times that has targeted the windows based computers all over the world. The Trojan Downloader js.gumblar.x spreads through spam emails, social media links, unsafe browsing, and sharing resources with other computers. Once downloaded to any PC, it has the ability to utilize all the resources of that computer which results in the crashes as well as slowdowns. This dangerous Trojan virus is developed with the motive of stealing the financial details of the victim to use it for gain financial benefits. This malicious Trojan is totally capable of bypassing the antivirus software by changing the security preferences of the compromised computer. All these characteristics show that this is a highly dangerous parasite which can make your computer completely useless. You have to remove this malicious Trojan virus once it is detected on your computer.
How to Remove Trojan Downloader js.gumblar.x manually?
You have to delete this tricky Trojan application with the help of any automatic removal tool if you are a novice user or never deleted such threats before from your computer. However, if you are an I.T expert or advance level user, you can try the manual removal method. The instructions to remove this Trojan virus manually are detailed below:-
Reboot the Computer in the Safe Mode
If your computer is running in the normal mode, you cannot remove the Trojan Downloader js.gumblar.x. You have to terminate the normal mode, by restarting the computer, and use F8 key to see the boot options. From this list of boot options, you have to choose the safe mode option, and use the enter key to restart your computer in the safe mode.
Delete the Malicious Processes
You have to get rid of the malicious processes that are attached to this threat. In this regard, you have to start the task manager, and under the processes tab, you are able to find the list of all the running processes on your computer. You have to find and end the following processes from that list:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
You also need to delete the files and folders that are attached to this dangerous Trojan application. In this regard, you have to look for the following files:-
- %Desktopdir%\Trojan Downloader js.gumblar.x virus.lnk
- %Programs%\Trojan Downloader js.gumblar.x virus\Trojan Downloader js.gumblar.x virus.lnk
Clean the Windows Registry
In the end, do not forget to delete the registry entries created by this dangerous application. You have to start the registry editor by opening the start menu, and select “Run” option, and write the “RegEdit” command. After opening the registry editor, you have to navigate towards following registry entries, and delete them immediately:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan Downloader js.gumblar.x virus\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan Downloader js.gumblar.x virus
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan Downloader js.gumblar.x virus\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan Downloader js.gumblar.x virus\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan Downloader js.gumblar.x virus\DisplayName Trojan Downloader js.gumblar.x virus