The Trojan.DorkyBot.ED is one of the most dangerous virus of recent times that is classified as a nasty Trojan infection. The Trojan.DorkyBot.ED enters in the system secretly, and configure itself in a way that it will start automatically every time you opens your system. Once installed, the Trojan.DorkyBot.ED immediately makes changes to control your default browser in order to track your online movement. It arrives in the system while performing unsafe browsing, downloading freeware from unreliable sources, junk mail attachments, and using corrupt removable devices. Regardless of what browser you are using, your online searches are diverted towards unknown destinations. Because of this nasty Trojan, your confidential information is at extreme risk, and the remote hackers can access the information like credit card numbers, bank account credentials, and shopping passwords. This malicious application performs its illegal activities secretly, and all the important settings in your system modified without your knowledge. This lethal Trojan virus belongs to the most dangerous family of spyware that has the capability to hide itself wisely, and make several copies in different locations on your computer. The antivirus and other security tools are disabled as soon as this virus arrives in the system.
Removal of Trojan.DorkyBot.ED
After discovering the arrival of the Trojan.DorkyBot.ED infection, you have to confirm its presence. This is a serious threat for your system that is required to be removed as quickly as possible. The Trojan.DorkyBot.ED can be removed automatically as well as manually. The steps involved in the manual removal of this virus are mentioned below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Restart the infected computer, and hit the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted to gain the access of the boot options screen. Select the safe mode option from the boot options, and hit the Enter key to open the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Once the safe mode is accessed on the system, you have to start the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Select the processes tab under the task manager window, and delete the following associated processes of the Trojan.DorkyBot.ED:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
Get rid of the following suspicious files associated with the Trojan.DorkyBot.ED from the system files folder:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Access the registry editor by executing the Regedit command through Run option available in the start menu. When you are able to see the registry editor screen on the system, remove the following entries associated with this nasty Trojan infection before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.DorkyBot.ED\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.DorkyBot.ED\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.DorkyBot.ED\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.DorkyBot.ED\DisplayName Trojan.DorkyBot.ED
In the end, you have to boot the system in the normal mode to see how effectively you have followed the manual removal instructions. Do not forget to run a complete system scan through the updated version of any reliable antivirus program.