The Trojan.Didytak is a potentially unwanted program that is categorized as a malicious Trojan infection. This malicious application is distributed by the international hackers to gain the remote access of the windows based computers without letting the users know about it. The cyber crooks use different methods to spread this infection, including spam email attachments, bundled download, software updates, and compromised web pages. It installs itself as a browser add-on, and once installed successfully, you will receive countless pop-up ads. Mostly these ads are about sponsored links, video coupons, audio/video advertisement, and discounted coupons. This nasty Trojan can affect all types of browsers, and immediately changes the browser settings in order to gain the complete control of the online activities of the user. All your web searches will be automatically diverted towards affiliate sites to gain more traffic on these low ranked websites. You will notice new icons on your desktop, and the homepage along with default search engine is also altered without your permission. Mostly, the hackers use this Trojan to promote third party websites, and generate illegal profit.
Manual Removal of Ads by Trojan.Didytak
You have to remove this malicious application without wasting any kind of time. In this regard, There are both manual as well as automatic methods available. You have to select a method according to your familiarity of removing such advanced level Trojan infections. The instructions for the manual removal of the Trojan.Didytak are as under:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
These types of advanced level Trojan programs can be removed only by accessing the system in the safe mode. You have to restart the system, and access the boot options screen by using the F8 key. Select the Safe Mode from the boot options list and press the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
Once the safe mode is accessed, you have to open the task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. In the task manager window, you have to click on the processes tab to see a list of processes running in the background of your computer. Locate and remove the following associated processes of this threat: –
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
You are required to delete the following associated files of the Trojan.Didytak from the system files folder:-
- %Desktopdir%\ Ads by Trojan.Didytak.lnk
- %Programs%\Ads by Trojan.Didytak\ Ads by Trojan.Didytak.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Click on the Start menu, select Run and type RegEdit in the box to access the registry editor. Clean the windows registry by removing the following malicious entries through the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Trojan.Didytak\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Trojan.Didytak
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Trojan.Didytak\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Trojan.Didytak\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Trojan.Didytak\DisplayName Trojan.Didytakp
Access the system in the normal mode and see if the virus is still available or removed successfully. Update your existing antivirus program, and run a complete system scan.