The Trojan.Delfsnif.gen!I is a malicious application that categorized as a Trojan virus and considered as a dangerous threat for the windows based computers all over the world. It has the ability to change the settings of your system and your system becomes a junk yard once it is infected from this dangerous Trojan. This malicious application displays a number of pop-up ads once it is installed on any computer. The Trojans. Delfsnif. Gen! I have the ability to disable your security settings such as a firewall, and antivirus program. This malicious application occupies most of the system resources due to which the performance of your computer badly affected. This Trojan is aimed to steal your personal information which then used for criminal activities and frauds. However, the hackers also use this malicious application as an adware to promote various products through pop-up ads. The Trojan.Delfsnif.gen!I mostly spreads through spam emails, online offers, and social media advertisements. Once it is detected in your computer, you need to remove it manually or with the help of an automatic removal tool, at your earliest.
Manual Removal of Trojan.Delfsnif.gen!I
In order to remove this malicious Trojan manually you need to be an expert level computer user that has command over locating and deleting files and registry entries. For the novice users, the complicated steps of manual removal process are difficult, and they need time to understand the issues. Below are the steps of manual removal process that you need to follow:-
Restart the Computer in Safe Mode
The first thing which you need to do to get rid of the Trojan.Delfsnif.gen!I is restart the computer in safe mode. This is not as difficult as you just need to restart the computer and press F8 button to see the boot menu where you have to select the safe mode option and hit the Enter button.
Kill the Associated Process
After restarting the computer in safe mode, you have to press the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to start the windows task manager, and click on the Processes tab to find and delete the following malicious processes associated with the Trojan. Delfsnif. Gen! I.
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Files and Folders
After killing the malicious processes, you also need to find as well as delete the following associated files of this dangerous Trojan:-
Delete Associated Registry Entries
Once you are done with the files and folders, you need to clean the windows registry by starting the registry editor through “Regedit” command. Once the registry editor is started, you have to navigate to the following associated registry entries related to the Trojan.Delfsnif.gen!I. Once you have found these entries, you need to delete them by selecting them one by one:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Delfsnif.gen!I\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Delfsnif.gen!I\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Delfsnif.gen!I\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Delfsnif.gen!I\DisplayName Trojan.Delfsnif.gen!I
After removing the above mentioned entries, you have to close the registry editor and start the computer in the normal mode.