The Trojan.Delfsnif.DU is a malicious parasite belongs from the Trojan family of viruses. Once installed on any windows based computer, the Trojan.Delfsnif.DU makes your system vulnerable to the additional infections by changing the security settings and disabling the antivirus software. This malicious application displays a number of annoying pop-up alerts to disturb your routine tasks. Besides that, the system becomes slow in responding your commands because the resources eaten by this virus. This malicious Trojan virus also redirects your searches towards unknown websites, and you are unable to perform your browsing activities. Besides that antivirus software, this virus also disable windows firewall to make your computer a junk yard for the viruses and parasites. This malicious application is used by the cyber crooks to enter into the targeted computer, create its roots, and provide remote access of that computer to the hackers. The hackers start recording your browsing history, and other details to steal your confidential data, and then use that information for the fraudulent purposes. This dangerous Trojan virus is extremely dangerous for your system resources as well as your important data files.
The Manual Removal of Trojan.Delfsnif.DU
After confirming the presence of the Trojan.Delfsnif.DU in your computer, you have to think about how to remove this parasite at your earliest. The advanced computer users always prefer to remove these type of threats manually, but for the novice users there are some automatic removal tools available. Following are the detailed instructions to remove this virus manually:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
Reboot the infected computer, and use the F8 key while restrating to access the boot options. Once you are able to see the boot options, you have to choose the safe mode, and hit the enter key.
Kill the Associated Processes
When the computer starts working in the safe mode, you are required to find as well as delete the malicious processes created by this Trojan infection. These processes are available under the processes tab available in the windows task manager that can be accessed by using the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. You have to remove the following processes from the list:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
Open the file explorer, proceed with the system files folder, and delete the following suspicious files by using the delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
It is necessary to clean the windows registry by deleting the malicious entries created by this virus. In this regard, You have to access the registry editor by using the “Regedit.exe” command that can be run through the start menu. Once the registry editor is accessed, you have to remove the following suspicious entries from the list:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Delfsnif.gen!I\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Delfsnif.gen!I\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Delfsnif.gen!I\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Delfsnif.gen!I\DisplayName Trojan.Delfsnif.gen!I
Once these entries are removed successfully, you are required to close the registry editor and restart the computer in the normal mode.