The Trojan Camec.E is just another addition to the dangerous Trojan virus family that infects millions of windows based computers. Once installed, this dangerous virus immediately creates the startup keys in the windows registry due to which every time you start your computer, this virus will run automatically. The main purpose of Trojan Camec.E is to provide complete remote access of the infected system to the notorious hackers who use that remote access to run annoying pop-up ads, promote various unknown products, and steal most confidential data of the users. After getting installed itself, the Trojan Camec.E utilizes the system resources and the speed of the system reduced manifolds. You will also face the regular crashes and freezes.
The Instructions for Removal of Trojan Camec.E
Once the Trojan Camec.E discovered in your system, you have to get rid of this malicious application as quickly as possible. You can remove it with the help of any automatic removal tool, but there is a manual method is also available. For the novice users we recommend the automatic tool, however for the professionals manual removal method is ideal which consists of following steps:-
Select the Safe Mode
The first stem of manual process is starting the computer in the safe mode. You have to restart the system, and hit F8 key to see the boot options where you have to select the safe mode option, and hit the Enter key to start your computer in the safe mode.
Remove the Associated Processes
The actual process of deleting the Trojan Camec.E starts by killing the malicious processes associated with this threat. You have to open the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Under the processes tab of the task manager, you can see a list of running processes in which you need to locate and delete the following process:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Files and Folders
After ending the malicious processes associated with this threat successfully, you have to delete the associated files along with their folders. In this regard, following are some of the files that are needed to be deleted:-
- %Desktopdir%\TROJAN CAMEC.E.lnk
- %Programs%\TROJAN CAMEC.E\TROJAN CAMEC.E.lnk
Remove the Corrupt Registry Entries
In the end, you have to reverse the changes made in the windows registry by this tricky Trojan application. You have to use the registry editor in order to clean the registry which can be access by selecting start menu, choose Run, and type RegEdit in the box. Once the registry editor is started, you have to find as well as delete the following entries immediately:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TROJAN CAMEC.E\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TROJAN CAMEC.E
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TROJAN CAMEC.E\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TROJAN CAMEC.E\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TROJAN CAMEC.E\DisplayName TROJAN CAMEC.E
After completing the above mentioned steps, close the registry editor, and restart the computer in the normal mode. Besides that, you also need to run a complete system scan after updating your antivirus software to get rid of the infections caused by this Trojan.