The Trojan.Camec.B is a recently discovered Trojan infection that has infected thousands of computers that are using the Windows operating system. The Trojan.Camec.B infection spreads through the p2p sharing, porn websites, and spam email attachments. Once installed, this malicious Trojan infection changes the system settings completely including the windows firewall, browser configuration, and the internet settings. The main purpose of developing and distributing this lethal Trojan virus is to record the browsing history of the targeted users, access the most confidential personal financial information like credit card details, names, emails, and passwords. This malicious application is actually a tool for the notorious hackers to steal the money of the innocent users through online frauds. Once installed, the Trojan.Camec.B infection start eating a large portion of installed resources which results in the slow down in the speed, frequent crashes, regular freezes, and decrease in the overall performance.
The Manual Removal of Trojan.Camec.B
After detecting the Trojan.Camec.B virus in your system you have to leave everything, and start thinking how to get rid of this lethal infection quickly as well as effectively. You can remove this malicious application within just a few clicks of the mouse by using any reliable automatic removal tool. Besides that, you can also delete this virus manually by following the set of complicated instructions that are mentioned below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
First of all, you are required to reboot the computer, and use the F8 key repeatedly to access the boot options. Once you can see the boot options screen, you have to select the safe mode, and hit the enter key to reboot the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
After starting the system in the safe mode, the next step which you have to complete is removal of the associated processes of this virus. Access the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and select the processes tab to see the list of running processes inside the computer. You have to delete the following processes from the list by using the “End Process” button:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Remove the following files that are hidden in the system files folder and associated with the Trojan.Camec.B virus:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end, you have to reverse the modifications created by this lethal Trojan infection in the windows registry. You have to run the “Regedit” command through the Start menu in order to access the registry editor through which you can remove the following suspicious entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Camec.B\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Camec.B\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Camec.B\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Camec.B\DisplayName Trojan.Camec.B
After completing the above mentioned steps, you have to close the registry editor and restart the computer in the normal mode. Do not forget to run a system scan after updating the current antivirus program.