The Trojan.BtcMine.221 is a nasty Trojan that belongs to a stealthy family of malware infections that use the loopholes in the security of the system to enter in the windows computers. Once this malicious application installed on any computer, it start generating the random files, and modify the windows registry by creating the fake registry keys. The Trojan.BtcMine.221 is capable of disguising itself wisely deep in the roots of the system files folder. You will also notice that the speed of your browsing slows down because of this infection. The remote hackers distribute this virus to get the access of targeted computers and steal the personal financial details without your consent. Furthermore, this malicious Trojan traces the information about your system resources, and then sends such information to the hackers who use it for their personal financial benefits.
Removal of Trojan.BtcMine.221
The Trojan.BtcMine.221 is a dangerous Trojan infection that can be extremely harmful for the system resources that should be removed as a top priority. You can use the automatic tools to delete this virus completely from your system within no time. On the other hand, the manual removal of the Trojan.BtcMine.221 is also available for the advanced level computer users. The instructions for the manual removal are detailed below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You cannot execute the manual removal instructions by remaining in the normal mode; therefore, you are required to access the system in the safe mode. Restart the computer, and while the system is restarted, strike the F8 key repeatedly to see the boot options menu on the screen. Once the boot options are visible, select the Safe Mode by striking the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
In the next step of this complicated process, you have to get rid of the associated processes of the Trojan.BtcMine.221. In this regard, you need to access the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Once the task manager window is visible on the screen, click on the processes tab where you can see the list of processes running in the background. Get rid of the following corrupt processes from the system before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
You are required to remove the following malicious files associated with the Trojan.BtcMine.221 by using the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\ Trojan.BtcMine.221.lnk
- %Programs%\ Trojan.BtcMine.221\ Trojan.BtcMine.221.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Finally, you have to access the registry editor to clean the windows registry. Click on the start menu, select Run, and type RegEdit in the box before pressing the OK button. After accessing the registry editor, delete the following corrupt entries associated with the Trojan.BtcMine.221, and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Trojan.BtcMine.221\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Trojan.BtcMine.221
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Trojan.BtcMine.221\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Trojan.BtcMine.221\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Trojan.BtcMine.221\DisplayName Trojan.BtcMine.221
Restart the system in the normal mode, and run a complete system scan through an updated version of any reliable antivirus software.