The Trojan.BetaBot Activity is a nasty Trojan virus that slips in the system without providing any prior knowledge to the users. It not only infect your system files, but it also modifies most of the system settings without your consent, and causes the regular freezes. This malicious program attacks the computer when you try to click on the corrupt link, download freeware from an unknown source, and junk mail attachments. Once installed, it hides itself wisely in the roots of your system, and you cannot detect or remove this Trojan easily through any antivirus program. This Trojan virus is a serious threat for your online activity as it keeps diverting you towards their own affiliate sites for the purpose of generating traffic and promoting some fake products. After modifying the system settings it allows the remote hackers to access your system and steal your highly confidential details. This is a stubborn Trojan virus that is hard to detect or remove from the system.
Removal of Trojan.BetaBot Activity
Once you start receiving the above mentioned symptoms of the Trojan.BetaBot Activity virus, you have to think about how to protect your system from this Trojan virus. The most convenient method of removing this virus is through automatic removal tools. The manual removal process is also available in this regard, which consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
The manual removal is only possible when you are able to start the system in the safe mode. In this regard, you are required to restart the computer, and open the boot options menu by striking the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted. Select the safe mode option from the boot options menu, and press the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
After accessing the safe mode, you have to proceed to the other steps of this process, and first of all, you have to kill the associated processes of this virus. Access the task manager by using the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys, and select the processes tab. Remove the following suspicious processes and close the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
Following are some of the suspicious files that you need to remove from the system files folder with the help of the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\Trojan.BetaBot Activity.lnk
- %Programs%\Trojan.BetaBot Activity\Trojan.BetaBot Activity.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You In the end, you have to clean the windows registry by removing the suspicious entries. In this regard, access the registry editor by clicking on the start menu, select the Run option, and write regedit in the box. Once the registry editor is accessed, you have to remove the following corrupt entries one by one:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.BetaBot Activity\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.BetaBot Activity
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.BetaBot Activity\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.BetaBot Activity\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.BetaBot Activity\DisplayName Trojan.BetaBot Activity
Restart the computer after closing the registry editor to see the result of your efforts, and do not forget to run a complete system scan.