The Trojan.Balisdat.gen!C is a stealthy Trojan infection that sneaks in the windows based systems secretly, and can perform a number of harmful activities inside the computer. This malicious application attacks the computers that are connected to a network and they have low security. Once entered in the system, the Trojan.Balisdat.gen!C immediately attacks the windows registry and create some malicious startup keys which enables this application to start automatically every time the user starts the PC. This dangerous Trojan infection collects the confidential information about the user, and then transmit that information to the notorious hackers who use that data to steal the money of the users. Besides all of the above mentioned harmful activities, the Trojan.Balisdat.gen!C infection also makes your system super slow in responding, and you will see more frequent crashes as well as freezes. You also notice that the system automatically restarts too often.
The Manual Removal of Trojan.Balisdat.gen!C
Once the Trojan.Balisdat.gen!C infection enters in the system, and it is confirmed, you have to remove this lethal Trojan virus either by using a powerful automatic removal tool, or by following the instructions of manual removal process. The manual removal instructions are extremely complicated for the new users as it involves some technical things, and only recommended for the people who already have experience to remove such stubborn infections manually. The instructions for removing the Trojan.Balisdat.gen!C virus manually are as under:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Reboot the computer, and use the F8 key repeatedly to access the boot options. Once you can see the boot options screen, you have to select the safe mode, and hit the enter key to reboot the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Once you are able to work on your computer in the safe mode, the next thing which you have to do is removal of the associated processes of this virus. You have to access the task manager, and select the processes tab to see the list of running processes inside the PC. Delete the following processes from the list by using the “End Process” button:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Open the system files folder and find as well as remove the following associated files of the Trojan.Balisdat.gen!C infection:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The last but not least, you have to remove the additions made by this lethal Trojan infection in the windows registry. You have to run the “Regedit” command through the Start menu in order to access the registry editor through which you can remove the following suspicious entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Balisdat.gen!C\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Balisdat.gen!C\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Balisdat.gen!C\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Balisdat.gen!C\DisplayName Trojan.Balisdat.gen!C
Close the registry editor and restart the PC in the normal mode to see the success of the manual removal process. Do not forget to run a system scan after updating the current antivirus software.