The Trojan.Agent/Gen-Siggen is another variation of recently discovered nasty Trojan infections that is designed and distributed specifically to attack the windows based platforms. This malicious application often invades the system while performing unsafe browsing, clicking on the attachment received through spam email, or through p2p sharing of files. The Trojan.Agent/Gen-Siggen is capable of inviting additional threats inside the already infected PC to make the situation worse. This dangerous Trojan infection immediately starts collecting your personal confidential information after settling down in the computer. This information may include the financial details, preferred payment methods, passwords, and browsing trends. The Trojan.Agent/Gen-Siggen is famous for performing annoying backdoor activities that allow other malware, and spyware to invade the system. Once installed, it changes the windows firewall, and disable the antivirus installed on the system. Besides that, the virus also starts eating a huge portion of your system resources which makes your system extremely slow.
The Manual Removal of Trojan.Agent/Gen-Siggen
Once you found the Trojan.Agent/Gen-Siggen infection present inside the system, you have no choice but to find an effective method to remove this virus. For the novice users, we recommend the automatic removal tools that are easy to use, and when it comes to the professional users, we recommend that they can try the manual removal method which described as under:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You are unable to access many of important system utilities by remaining in the normal mode; therefore, to start the manual removal, you have to boot the system in the safe mode. Restart the computer, and press the F8 key repeatedly to access the list of options. Once you can see the list of boot options on the screen, select the Safe Mode option and hit the Enter key to start the safe mode operation.
End the Malicious Processes
The next step of this process is removal of the associated processes of this Trojan infection. Open the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Select the processes tab where you can see a list of running processes in the background of your PC. Delete the following suspicious processes associated with the Trojan.Agent/Gen-Siggen virus:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
You have to get rid of the following suspicious files from the system files folder by using the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You have to open the registry editor and remove the corrupt associated entries from the windows registry. In this regard, you have to open the star menu, select Run, and type Regedit in the box to access the registry editor. Remove the following suspicious entries with the help of the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Agent/Gen-Siggen\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Agent/Gen-Siggen\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Agent/Gen-Siggen\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Agent/Gen-Siggen\DisplayName Trojan.Agent/Gen-Siggen
Start the PC in the normal mode to see the effect of manual removal efforts after closing the registry editor. Update your existing antivirus program before running a complete system scan on your machine.