The Trojan.Agent.TPL is a bit new Trojan infection that installs on the windows based computers secretly without the knowledge of the user. Often computer users receive a fake email encouraging to download the fake new version of Adobe Flash Player by downloading the file “update_falsh_player.exe”. Once installed, it has the ability to hide itself deep along with the important system files, and creates a startup key in the windows registry to start automatically every time the user starts its windows.Once installed on any computer, the Trojan.Agent.TPL start performing mischievous activities in the system, and you will notice the weird behavior of your PC. When it first infect the system, the users try to remove it with the help of their antivirus program, but when they failed to do so, they start looking at the other ways of getting rid of this deadly dangerous Trojan infection. The motive of developing and spreading this virus is to steal the money of the computer users by connecting their system to a remote server.
The Manual Removal of Trojan.Agent.TPL
Once it is confirmed that your computer is a victim of the Trojan.Agent.TPL, the next thing comes in your mind is how to remove this virus. There are two different ways of deleting this malicious application that includes automatic removal method and manual removal method. The instructions to remove this virus manually are detailed below:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
Open the boot option menu by using the F8 key while the system is on restarting. Once you access the boot options, you have to select the safe mode, and hit the enter key to restart the computer in safe mode.
Kill the Associated Processes
The next step of manual removal process is to get rid of the malicious processes created by this tricky Trojan infection. You have to open the task manager by using the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys, and select the processes tab. Under this tab you can see a list of processes running in the background of the system. You have to find and delete the following associated processes of this virus from the list:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
After completing the removal of malicious processes, you have to access the file explorer, and remove the following files from the system files folder:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The final step of manual removal process is to remove the malicious entries from the windows registry. This can be done by using the regedit command through Run option available in the start menu. Once the registry editor started you have to remove the following entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Agent.TPL\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Agent.TPL\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Agent.TPL\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Agent.TPL\DisplayName Trojan.Agent.TPL
Close the registry editor, and reboot the computer in the normal mode and check whether you removed the virus successfully or otherwise. Run a complete system scan after updating the antivirus program.