The Trojan.Agent.MNR is a malicious application that is designed by the international hackers to attack the windows based computers with the clear objective to gain the complete control of the targeted computers, and connect these systems to a remote server that is managed by the notorious cyber crimnals. Once this nasty Trojan able to settles down in the system, it start recording your browsing habits and other online activities. This information is then transferred to the hackers who use these details to make illegal money. This malicious application is capable of disabling the important system utilities such as registry editor and windows task manager. Besides that, it also blocks your access to many of the executable programs installed on the system. You cannot download any new software in the system as long as this malicious Trojan remains in the computer. Moreover, you cannot access any legitimate security related website because of this infection. Your sensitive financial details are at high risk because of the Trojan.Agent.MNR infection.
Removal of Trojan.Agent.MNR
After getting infected from the Trojan.Agent.MNR infection, you have to take the immediate steps so that this dangerous Trojan can be removed quickly. You can remove this virus either using any powerful automatic tool which is not only easy to use, but also saves a lot of time, or by using the manual removal instructions that consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
It is impossible to delete this malicious application by remaining in the normal mode; therefore, you have to boot the system in the safe mode. Open the boot options menu by using the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted, and select the safe mode before pressing the Enter key to boot the infected computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
As soon as you are able to access the system in the safe mode, you have to access the task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and select the Processes tab to remove the following associated processes of the Trojan.Agent.MNR by using the “End Process” button before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
In the next step of this process, you have to get rid of the associated data. Open the system files folder through file explorer, and remove the following files at your earliest:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The manual removal process will be completed when you delete the fake entries from the windows registry. Access the registry editor by executing the Regedit command through the Run option available in the Start menu. After accessing the registry editor, you have to delete the following malicious entries from the windows registry:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Agent.MNR\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Agent.MNR\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Agent.MNR\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Agent.MNR\DisplayName Trojan.Agent.MNR
Reboot the system once again, but this time in the normal mode, and run a complete system scan after updating your existing antivirus software.