The Trojan Agent Gen-Banker virus is a malicious Trojan that is classified as a root kit virus that has infected thousands of the personal computers in a shorter span of time. Once this Trojan able to infiltrate into the system, it makes your system completely slow, and you will also experience the frequent system crashes without any reason. The hackers mostly use the spam emails,and free software downloads to distribute this malicious Trojan. It modifies the Master Boot Record (MBR) of your system without your consent, and also creates fake registry entries in the windows registry. This is a tricky computer worm that easily bypasses your antivirus as well as other security arrangements. Once installed, it disables the tools like regedit, gpedit.msc, and msconfig without your permission. It also removes some of the most important system files which affect the smooth running of your computer.
Removal of Trojan Agent Gen-Banker virus
After getting infected from the Trojan Agent Gen-Banker virus, you have to find a way to get out of this situation. You can remove this malicious Trojan with the help of any reliable automatic tool that are easy to use, and gives you fast results. Besides that, the manual removal process is also available, but only recommended for the professional computer users, and consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before going through the steps of the manual removal process, you have to open the infected machine in the safe mode. Restart the computer, and strike the F8 key repeatedly while the computer is restarted to see the list of boot options on the screen. Once the boot options list is accessed, select the Safe Mode, and strike the Enter key to boot the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
In the next step, you have to get rid of the associated process, and to do this, you have to open the windows task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and select the Processes tab under the task manager window. End the following processes associated with the Trojan Agent Gen-Banker virus: –
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Once you complete the removal of associated processes of the Trojan Agent Gen-Banker virus, you have to delete the following associated files of this Trojan infection:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Finally, you have to remove the corrupt entries from the windows registry to complete the manual removal process. In this regard, click on the start menu, select Run, and type Regedit to access the registry editor. You have to delete the following corrupt entries with the help of the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.agent/gen-banker\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.agent/gen-banker\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.agent/gen-banker\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.agent/gen-banker\DisplayName Trojan.agent/gen-banker
After completing the above mentioned steps, close the registry editor, restart the PC in the normal mode, and run a complete system scan through your current antivirus application.