The Trojan.Agent.Fsavxgen is a malicious application belongs from the Trojan horse family of infections, and installed on the windows based computers without providing any prior information to the user. This nasty Trojan can invade your system while clicking on the spam email attachments, visiting compromised domains, visiting porn websites, playing the online games, downloading a video file, and peer to peer sharing of files. Once enter in the computer, it immediately modify the system files, and create fake start-up keys in the windows registry. It makes your system super slow, and you are unable to perform your routine tasks. When you try to remove this infection through the traditional removal methods, you cannot remove it at all. It opens a backdoor for the additional computer worms by changing the security settings in the targeted system. You will notice that your browsing sessions are out of your control and whenever you try to open a website, you will be redirected towards affiliate sites.
Manual Removal of Ads by Trojan.Agent.Fsavxgen
After confirming the presence of the Trojan.Agent.Fsavxgen in your computer, it becomes unavoidable for you to get rid of this dangerous Trojan horse. There are some reliable tools available to remove this infection automatically. Manual removal method is also effective in this regard that consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
It is extremely important to access the safe mode operation on the infected machine before following the manual removal instructions. You have to restart the computer, and use the F8 key to see the boot options screen. Select the safe mode option from the available list and hit the Enter key to open the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to access the task manager. Click on the processes tab to see a list of processes running in the background of your system. Find and delete the following associated processes of the Trojan.Agent.Fsavxgen and close the task manager: –
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Once you are done with the removal of the associated processes, delete the associated data of this infection. In this regard, following are some of the suspicious files that are required to be removed from the system files folder:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In order to remove the modifications made by this virus in the registry section, you have to access the registry editor by clicking on the Start menu, select Run and type RegEdit in the box. Clean the windows registry by removing the following associated entries of this adware infection:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Trojan.Agent.Fsavxgen\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Trojan.Agent.Fsavxgen
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Trojan.Agent.Fsavxgen\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Trojan.Agent.Fsavxgen\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
Start the computer in the normal mode to measure the effectiveness of the manual removal process. Update your existing antivirus program, and run a complete system scan.