The Trojan.ADH.SFC is a recently discovered variant of the Trojan infections that has attacked thousands of the computers in the different parts of the world. The Trojan.ADH.SFC enters in the windows based computers without getting the consent of the user and starts performing its malicious activities. The application is distributed via freeware download, sharing resources, p2p sharing of files, social media, and unsafe browsing. Once installed, it keeps redirecting you towards unknown web pages where you are asked to download other malicious programs. After changing the windows firewall, it also opens a backdoor to provide the remote access of your system to the cyber crooks. These notorious criminals use this access to steal your confidential financial details including the credit card details, bank account credentials, browsing history, shopping preferences, and passwords. All these details are actually used by the hackers to earn money through frauds and other cyber crimes. You will also see the annoying pop-up ads on the screen of your computer.
The Manual Removal of Trojan.ADH.SFC
After knowing that the Trojan.ADH.SFC virus is available inside your PC, you need to delete it not only quickly but also effectively. There are both automatic as well as manual removal methods are available through which you can completely remove this infection. The instructions for the manual removal are detailed below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before going through the actual manual removal process of the Trojan.ADH.SFC, you need to boot the system in the safe mode. Restart the system to terminate the normal mode, and use the F8 key to get the boot options screen. Once the boot options are visible on the screen, Select the Safe Mode option and hit the Enter key to start the safe mode operation.
End the Malicious Processes
To remove the malicious associated process of the Trojan.ADH.SFC, you have to access the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Selects the processes tab , and remove the following malicious processes one by one by using the “End Process” button before closing the task manager window:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Once done with the above mentioned steps, you have to delete the following associated files of the Trojan.ADH.SFC virus from the system files folder:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Open the registry editor in order to remove the associated entries of the Trojan.ADH.SFC infection from the registry section. In this regard, you have to open the star menu, select Run, and type Regedit in the box to access the registry editor. Delete the following suspicious entries before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.ADH.SFC\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.ADH.SFC\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.ADH.SFC\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.ADH.SFC\DisplayName Trojan.ADH.SFC
If the Trojan.ADH.SFC infection is removed successfully, you have to update your existing antivirus program before running a complete system scan on your machine to remove any of the infected files.