You will also see that some of the important system files, and dll files are missing from your computer. One of the obvious signs of this infection is, your browser takes a lot of time in the loading. Besides that, you cannot access any of the important programs and files installed on your PC. When you try to search anything, you will be redirected towards phishing websites, and you will never be able to open your desired websites. This tool is also used by the hackers to promote the affiliate products in order to make commissions, and generate traffic on the unknown websites. The TROJ_DIDKR.A is capable of changing your system settings randomly to bring additional parasites on the infected system. This harmful application provides remote access to your PC to the cyber criminals.
The Manual Removal of TROJ_DIDKR.A
When your computer becomes a victim of this stubborn Trojan horse infection, you have to remove this virus by using any effective method. You can remove this virus either by using any powerful automatic removal tool, or by following the complicated instructions of the manual removal method. The manual removal method is only recommended for the computer professionals and consists of the following steps:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
The first step of the manual removal method is, restart the computer and use F8 key to access the options regarding booting. Select the safe mode from the boot options, and press “Enter” to start your computer in the safe mode.
Kill the Associated Processes
You have to remove the malicious processes created by this stubborn Trojan infection. You have to remove the associated processes related to this infection through task manager. In order to open the windows task manager you have to hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Click on the processes tab, and delete the following processes from the list:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
You have to delete the following associated files from the system files folder by using the “Delete” key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You are required to get rid of the corrupt entries created by this malicious application in the windows registry. You have to open the registry editor by using the “Regedit.exe” command that can be run through the start menu. Once the registry editor is accessed, you have to remove the following entries from the list:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TROJ_DIDKR.A\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TROJ_DIDKR.A\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TROJ_DIDKR.A\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TROJ_DIDKR.A\DisplayName TROJ_DIDKR.A
Once these entries are removed, you are required to close the registry editor and restart the computer in the normal mode. Update the existing antivirus program before running a complete system scan.