The TR/Karagany.NW.1 is one of the newly founds Trojan infections that enters in the system without the permission of the user and can cause severe damage to the system resources along with data stored. The TR/Karagany.NW.1 modifies the windows registry by adding malicious entries as well as changes the system settings to make your system a junkyard for the malware, spyware, and other computer viruses. The overall performance of the infected system reduces considerably as this malicious application starts using a large portion of the resources. This Trojan virus connects your PC with a remote server that is controlled by the cyber crooks who try to access the most confidential financial data. All these harmful activities are the part of the effort to steal your money and use your personal details in other cyber crimes. This malicious application is a serious threat to your privacy, and you cannot detect as well as remove this virus through any antivirus program.
The Manual Removal of TR/Karagany.NW.1
After getting infected from the TR/Karagany.NW.1, you need to clean the system through any automatic removal tool, or by following the complicated steps of the manual removal. The manual removal of this virus is a complicated process that is only recommended for the advanced level computer users, and consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
In order to start the manual removal of the TR/Karagany.NW.1 you are required to boot the infected system in the safe mode. You have to restart the computer and use the F8 key repeatedly to see the boot options. Select the safe mode option from the list and press the enter key to reboot the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Open the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and hit the Processes tab once you are able to see the task manager. You have to remove the following malicious processes from the list of the running processes:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Open the system files folder in the local drive of your hard disc and remove the following files with the help of Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The process of manual removal cannot be completed unless you do not clean the windows registry. In this regard, you are required to access the registry editor by running the “RegEdit.exe” command through the Start menu. Once the registry editor is visible on the screen, delete the following associated entries and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TR/Karagany.NW.1\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TR/Karagany.NW.1\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TR/Karagany.NW.1\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TR/Karagany.NW.1\DisplayName TR/Karagany.NW.1
Reboot the computer in the normal mode see the effectiveness of the manual removal process. Besides that, you are also required to run a system scan through the updated version of any powerful antivirus program to clean the infections.