The TR/Dldr.Esitgun.A is a malicious computer virus that belongs from the backdoor Trojan infections. This tricky application mostly enters in the system through spam email attacks. This is a type of backdoor that can cause severe harm to your computer if you do not remove it quickly. Once enters in the system the TR/Dldr.Esitgun.A gives remote access, and complete control of the infected system to the cyber criminals. This tricky backdoor infections blocks a number of programs in the system once it is settled down, and redirect all your searches towards unknown websites due to which it becomes impossible for you to browse anything. Another thing which this virus does is, it modifies the system registry by creating new entries, and startup keys so that every time you access your windows, this virus starts automatically. Besides that, it also blocks your security tools including the antivirus program which opens the backdoor for the additional viruses and your system becomes a junkyard for various kinds of infections. This tricky backdoor virus can easily damage your crucial system files to make the computer unstable and damage the resources permanently.
The Manual Removal of TR/Dldr.Esitgun.A
This backdoor infection can be removed with the help of any automatic tool, and also manually. The manual removal of this virus is only recommended for the advanced level professional users, and for the basic level users automatic tools are recommended. The manual method steps are described below:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
You have to terminate the normal mode, by restarting the system, and while it is restarted, you have to use the F8 key repeatedly to see the boot options. Once the boot options are accessed select the safe mode and press the enter key.
Kill the Associated Processes
Get rid of the malicious processes associated with the TR/Dldr.Esitgun.A infection by opening the windows task manager with the help of Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys. Once the task manager is accessed, you can see the list of all the running processes in your system under the processes tab. Remove the following suspicious processes associated with this virus:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
The next step of this process is the removal of the files associated with the TR/Dldr. Esitgun. A. Following are some of the files that you are required to delete:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The windows registry can be cleaned by accessing the registry editor and delete the suspicious entries, Click the start menu, select Run, and type RegEdit to access the registry editor. After accessing the registry editor, you have to remove the following corrupt registry entries associated with this infection:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TR/Dldr.Esitgun.A\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TR/Dldr.Esitgun.A\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TR/Dldr.Esitgun.A\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TR/Dldr.Esitgun.A\DisplayName TR/Dldr.Esitgun.A
Close the registry editor, and restart the system in the normal mode to see the effect of recent changes you have made.