The TR/Agent.FTC is a Trojan Downloader infection that enters in the computers through security holes and by using the system vulnerabilities. This malicious application belongs from the Trojan horse family of computer viruses, and used by the cyber crooks as a stealthy infection that access the personal financial information such as bank account credentials, and credit card numbers, and then use this information to steal the money of the users. Besides that, some hackers use this Trojan infection to steal the passwords of the social media accounts of the selected users. This dangerous Trojan horse cannot be detected or removed through any normal antivirus program as the developers has used advanced techniques. Once installed, the TR/Agent.FTC virus creates the registry entries that make it able to start automatically every time the user starts the windows. This complicated Trojan infection also modifies the system settings, disable the antivirus program, change the windows firewall, and create malicious processes in the system to open the backdoor for additional threats and remain resident for a long period of time.
The Manual Removal of TR/Agent.FTC
The TR/Agent.FTC infection is a hazardous Trojan horse that can cause severe damage to the system; therefore, it must be removed quickly as well as completely after confirming the presence. You can use the automatic removal tools to delete this virus; besides that, you can also remove the virus through manual removal process that is described below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before start removing the files, processes, and registry entries associated with this tricky Trojan horse application it is compulsory to start the system in the safe mode. Once you restart the system, you are required to keep pressing the F8 key in order to access the boot options menu. After accessing the options regarding booting, you just need to select the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
After booting the computer in the safe mode, the next task is to access the windows task manager, select the Processes tab, and remove the following associated processes of the TR/Agent.FTC infection:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Open the file explorer, proceed to the system files folder and remove the following malicious files by using the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
To complete the manual removal of the TR/Agent.FTC, you are required to click on the Start button, select Run, and type RegEdit in the box before pressing the OK button to access the registry editor. With the help of registry editor, you have to find as well as delete the following associated entries of this dangerous Trojan horse application:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TR/Agent.ftc\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TR/Agent.ftc\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TR/Agent.ftc\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TR/Agent.ftc\DisplayName TR/Agent.ftc
Close the registry editor before restarting the computer in the normal mode to see the effect of changes you have made recently. Run a complete system scan to remove the infections caused by this Trojan virus.