The Tracur. BF is a malicious application categorized as a Trojan virus. Once installed on any computer, the Tracur.BF can make the infected PC completely useless. This notorious Trojan application mostly spread through spam email attachments, unsafe browsing, and p2p sharing. After getting installed itself on any windows based computers, the Tracur.BF is capable of running annoying pop-up ads on the screen, and damage the important data stored on the hard drive. You will find that some of your files are totally removed, while others are not open at all. This malicious application provides remote access to your computer to the hackers and online criminals, who then steal your confidential information along with the passwords, emails, shopping preferences, and bank details. You will also experience the random crashes, and freezes on your computer. The Tracur.BF is capable of hide itself deep in the roots along with other sensitive system files, and disables your current antivirus program as well as other security tools.
How to Remove Tracur.BF?
Once detected, you need to remove the Tracur.BF immediately. The manual removal of this tricky Trojan is possible but not as easy as some of you assumed. You have must possess the knowhow about the registry issues, and system files in order to remove this parasite manually. Following are the steps that you need to follow to delete Tracur.BF manually.
Reboot the Computer in the Safe Mode
First of all, you have to reboot the infected system in the safe mode. To do this, you have to restart the computer, and use F8 key to see the list of boot options. Once you are able to see the boot options, you have to select the safe mode option before hitting the enter key to start your computer in the safe mode.
Delete the Malicious Processes
Once the computer start working in the safe mode, you have to end the associated processes of this Trojan application. All the processes are visible in the task manager window, and to start the task manager, you have to hold Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys, and hit the processes tab. You have to identify the following processes, and delete them by pressing the “End Process” button.
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
You also need to remove the associated files and folders along with the infected files. In this regard, you have to use the file explorer and locate the following files:-
- %Desktopdir%\Tracur.BF Trojan.lnk
- %Programs%\Tracur.BF Trojan\Tracur.BF Trojan.lnk
Clean the Windows Registry
You have to remove the corrupt registry entries created by this dangerous Trojan. Just click on the start button, select run, and type regedit to start the registry editor. Here you have to find as well as delete the following entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Tracur.BF Trojan\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Tracur.BF Trojan
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Tracur.BF Trojan\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Tracur.BF Trojan\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Tracur.BF Trojan\DisplayName Tracur.BF Trojan
Close the registry editor and restart the system in the normal mode.