The Trackks12.com is a nasty computer virus that is categorized as a redirect virus, and attacks the system secretly without notifying the user. Once installed, the Trackks12.com modifies the home page along with preferred search provider to its own website to control the online activities of the selected users. This malicious application can divert all your searches towards dangerous web pages where you can easily infected by other lethal parasites. The Trackks12.com also used by the cyber crooks to display the pop-up ads in the bulk quantity whiles the user surfing on the web. These ads are mostly targeted according to your browsing habits. Moreover, this lethal redirect virus has the capability of stealing your financial details, and transfers this information to the developers or hackers who then use this information to steal your money. To avoid any kind of detection, the Trackks12.com virus uses the rootkit technique.
The Manual Removal of Trackks12.com
Once the Trackks12.com virus is detected on the system, you have to take some immediate steps to get rid of this infection. Select any powerful automatic removal tool that is not only easy to use, but also able to remove this infection quickly. Besides that, the manual removal method of this malicious application is available but extremely difficult for the new users, and consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You must boot the computer in the safe mode so that the manual removal of the Trackks12.com virus can be started. Restart your system, and access the boot option menu by pressing the F8 key continuously while the system is restarting. After accessing the boot options, select the Safe mode option, and press the Enter to start the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Once you are able to start the computer in the safe mode, you have to access the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Select the Processes tab under the task manager window to see the list of processes running in the background, and remove the following associated process of the Trackks12.com virus by using the End Process button:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Once the removal of the associated processes is complete, you have to Delete the following associated files of the Trackks12.com from the system files folder:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Open the start menu, select Run option, and type Regedit in the box to access the registry editor. Once the registry editor is accessed, delete the following suspicious entries associated with the Trackks12.com virus, and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trackks12.com\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trackks12.com\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trackks12.com\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trackks12.com\DisplayName Trackks12.com
Restart the computer in the normal mode to see how well you are able to complete this manual removal process, and run a complete system scan after updating your antivirus software.