The Tracker.tuberewards.com Pop-up is actually a tracking cookie that is used by the hackers to display random pop-up ads according to the interests and browsing habits of the targeted users. Once this malicious application invades the system, it invited Trojans, as well as the other rootkit infections. The Tracker.tuberewards.com Pop-up is classified as an adware program that is used by the cyber crooks to make money through illegal and unethical ways. Once installed, it modifies the home page, default search provider, and desktop background without your consent. This adware infection also acts as a browser hijacker, and can infect most of the popular browsers, including the Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Chrome, and Internet Explorer. Some of the hackers use this virus as a tool to promote affiliate sites and generate traffic on some of these low ranked websites to make commissions from the pay per click programs. Apart from that, the performance of the system also degrades because of the presence of this adware program.
Removal of Tracker.tuberewards.com Pop-up
This malicious application should be removed as soon as it is found on the system in order to protect the important information saved on the computer. You can get rid of this adware through automatic removal tools within just a few clicks of the mouse. The manual removal of this nasty virus is also possible that is consists of the following instructions:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You cannot execute the instructions of the manual removal process unless your system starts working in the safe mode. In this regard, you have to restart the infected computer, and hit the F8 key repeatedly to gain the access of the boot options menu. Select the safe mode from the list, and strike the Enter key to boot the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
To kill the malicious processes associated with this adware, you have to open the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. After accessing the task manager, you need to click on the Processes tab, and remove the following corrupt processes before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
Open the system files folder through file explorer, and remove the following associated files of this adware infection by using the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\Tracker.tuberewards.com Pop-up.lnk
- %Programs%\Tracker.tuberewards.com Pop-up\Tracker.tuberewards.com Pop-up.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The manual removal process will be completed once you remove the corrupt entries from the windows registry. Open the start menu, select the Run, and type RegEdit in the box to access the registry editor. Remove the following associated entries of this adware program:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Tracker.tuberewards.com Pop-up\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Tracker.tuberewards.com Pop-up
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Tracker.tuberewards.com Pop-up\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Tracker.tuberewards.com Pop-up\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Tracker.tuberewards.com Pop-up\DisplayName Tracker.tuberewards.com Pop-up
Reboot the computer in the normal mode to see the effect of changes you have made recently. Update your existing antivirus program and run a complete system scan.