The TotalRecipeSearch Toolbar is a malicious application categorized as a nasty browser hijacker that invades the system without providing prior knowledge to the user. Once this lethal browser hijacker corrupts your system, it starts changing the basic settings of your computer, and you will notice that the default browser along with the default search engine and home page is modified. This nasty application capable of collecting and transferring of the sensitive data stored on the system. Mostly the hackers try to collect the information about your browsing activities, and your interests. Your searches will be redirected towards unwanted websites where you are encouraged to buy certain type of products from the unauthenticated suppliers. Besides that, you will notice huge difference in the speed of the computer, and your browser takes too much time in the loading. This malicious application starts sending you the targeted pop-up ads according to your browsing history.
The Manual Removal of TotalRecipeSearch Toolbar
Once this infection found in the system, that means you have to start removing this browser hijacker as soon as possible. There are both manual and automatic methods of removal available to get rid of the TotalRecipeSearch Toolbar virus. The instructions for the manual removal of this infection are detailed below that you need to follow as it is described:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You have to restart the computer, and access the boot options by using the F8 key. Once the boot options are accessed, select the Safe Mode option from the list before pressing the Enter key to boot the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
The next step of this process is removal of the associated processes of the TotalRecipeSearch Toolbar virus. In this regard, open the windows task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the processes tab, to remove the following associated processes of this virus by using the “End Process” button:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
To get rid of the associated data of the TotalRecipeSearch Toolbar parasite, you have to open the file explorer, and remove the following corrupt files by using the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\TotalRecipeSearch Toolbar.lnk
- %Programs%\TotalRecipeSearch Toolbar\TotalRecipeSearch Toolbar.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You also have to clean the windows registry by removing the startup keys and other malicious entries. Access the registry editor by selecting the Run option available in the Start menu, and type regedit in the box. Once the registry editor is accessed, remove the following associated entries of the TotalRecipeSearch Toolbar virus before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TotalRecipeSearch Toolbar\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TotalRecipeSearch Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TotalRecipeSearch Toolbar\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TotalRecipeSearch Toolbar\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TotalRecipeSearch Toolbar\DisplayName TotalRecipeSearch Toolbar
Reboot the computer in the normal mode, and if the virus is removed successfully, you have to update your antivirus software, and run a complete system scan to remove any infected material from the machine.