The Total Anti Malware Protection is a maliciuous application that present itself as a legitimate malware removal software. This is actually a computer virus categorized as a rogue application, and attacks the windows based computers secretly. Once installed, it performs fake scans and shows the fake results of those so called scans to threaten the innocent users. The Total Anti Malware Protection virus makes your PC super slow as it eats most of the system resources, and also makes the system vulnerable for additional parasites. This malicious application is used by the hackers to trap the users, and convince them to buy the licenced version of this fake application.
The Manual Removal of Total Anti Malware Protection
Once it becomes obvious that the system is compromised to the Total Anti Malware Protection virus, you have to decide how you want to get rid of this infection. There are manual as well as automatic removal choices available. The manual removal is complicated yet possible; whereas, on the other hand, the automatic removal is easy as well as convenient. The instructions for the manual removal are as under:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Removing these lethal infections is only possible when you starts the computer in the safe mode. You have to simply restart the machine, and access the boot menu with the help of the F8 key. Once the options regarding booting are visible, you have to select the safe mode, and press the Enter key to start the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Once you have successfully started the system in the safe mode, the next thing you have to do is removal of the associated processes of the Total Anti Malware Protection infection. You have to access the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and select the processes tab to remove the following processes from the list:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Open the system files folder, and delete the following files along with their folders with the help of the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\Total Anti Malware Protection.lnk
- %Programs%\Total Anti Malware Protection\Total Anti Malware Protection.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You have to access the registry editor to reverse the changes made by this dangerous rogue application in the registry section of the windows. Click on the start menu, select the Run option, and execute the regedit.exe command to access the registry editor. Remove the following suspicious entries associated with this browser hijacker from the windows registry and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Total Anti Malware Protection\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Total Anti Malware Protection
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Total Anti Malware Protection\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Total Anti Malware Protection\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Total Anti Malware Protection\DisplayName Total Anti Malware Protection
Run a complete system scan after restarting the PC in the normal mode to complete the manual removal process.