The Tool:Win32/Hideproc.C is a lethal computer virus that enters in the windows based systems without the consent of the user, and destroy the system completely. Once install on your system, this virus stops your access to any of your files, and deletes some of the most sensitive system files on the windows operating system. Mostly this virus spreads through the internet while unsafe browsing, and the hackers developed this dangerous application to steal the personal information of the user. In the recent times, the Tool:Win32/Hideproc.C is most lethal and effective weapon of the international hackers to access the windows based computers remotely. Once installed, all your browsing activities recorded and sent to the hackers who then use this information for online frauds and other cyber crimes. When you start feeling that your system is behaving weirdly, and becomes extremely slow, you have to check it for the Tool:Win32/Hideproc.C infection, because often this virus eats most of the computer resources once installed.
The Manual Removal of Tool:Win32/Hideproc.C
Once the presence of the Tool:Win32/Hideproc.C is confirmed in your system, you need to remove this malicious application as quickly as possible. You can remove it with the help of reliable automatic tools, but the manual removal of this malicious application is also possible. The manual removal method consists of following steps:-
Start Your Computer in the Safe Mode
Restart the computer, and press F8 key to access the boot options. Select the safe mode option from the list and hit the enter key to restart the system in the safe mode. .
Delete the Processes through Windows Task Manager
Once the computer starts operating in the safe mode, you have to kill the malicious processes related to this virus. These processes are available under the processes tab of the task manager which can be accessed by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. When you are able to see the list of running processes, you have to delete the following associated processes from the list:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Data
After killing the malicious processes, you have to delete the associated data. You have to get rid of the following files from the system files folder:-
- %Desktopdir%\Tool:Win32/Hideproc.C .lnk
- %Programs%\Tool:Win32/Hideproc.C \Tool:Win32/Hideproc.C .lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end you need to clean the windows registry by removing the entries created by this malicious application. In this regard, you have to open the registry editor by running the “regedit.exe” command through the start menu. Once the registry editor accessed, you have to delete the following entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Tool:Win32/Hideproc.C \DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Tool:Win32/Hideproc.C \UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Tool:Win32/Hideproc.C \ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Tool:Win32/Hideproc.C \DisplayName Tool:Win32/Hideproc.C
After removing all of the above mentioned steps of this process close the registry editor window and restart the system in the normal mode. Update the existing antivirus software before running a complete system scan on your computer.