The Tm1111.com virus is a newly distributed browser hijacker that is designed by some notorious cyber criminals to infect the windows based computers. This malicious application is distributed through spam emails, free software update downloads, peer to peer sharing networks, and infected removable devices. Once this nasty browser hijacker makes its way inside the system, it performs numerous harmful activities without your permission. It is capable of taking over all the browsers, including the Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari. Often this infection adds several unwanted toolbars on your default browser that puts too much load on your browser, and it responds slowly. It can easily bypass any antivirus program in order to attack a windows based computer, and once it enters, it immediately modifies the windows firewall. This nasty infection brings countless pop-up ads on the screen of your system which makes it impossible for you to surf freely on the internet.
Removal of Tm1111.com virus
The Tm1111.com virus is a deadly dangerous browser hijacker that can be lethal for the system, and also creates the data privacy issues. You can get rid of this infection either by selecting any automatic removal tool which is the easiest removal method, or by following the complicated instructions of the manual removal process that is described below:-
Reboot the System in The Safe Mode
You cannot execute the commands of the manual removal process in the normal mode; hence, you have to change the mode of operation of your computer. Reboot the PC, and strike the F8 key repeatedly to access the list of boot options. Select the safe mode from the list of boot options, and hit the Enter key to access the safe mode operation.
End the Malicious Processes
After accessing the safe mode operation, you have to open the task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the processes tab where you can see a list of processes. Get rid of the following associated processes of the Tm1111.com virus before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
After removing the malicious processes, you have to get rid of the associated data o this browser hijacker. Remove the following corrupt files from the system files folder:-
- %Desktopdir%\Tm1111.com Virus.lnk
- %Programs%\Tm1111.com Virus\Tm1111.com Virus.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You have to remove the modifications made by this browser hijacker in the windows registry. Access to the start menu, select the Run option, and type Regedit.exe in the box to open the registry editor. Once the registry editor is accessed, remove the following suspicious entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Tm1111.com Virus\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Tm1111.com Virus
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Tm1111.com Virus\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Tm1111.com Virus\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Tm1111.com Virus\DisplayName Tm1111.com Virus
Close the registry editor, and reboot the system in the normal mode to check the effectiveness of the manual removal process. Do not forget to run a complete system scan through an updated version of your existing antivirus program.