The Television Fanatic Toolbar is a toolbar infection that often sneaks in the windows platforms without getting the permission of the user, and performs illegal activities secretly. Once installed, the Television Fanatic Toolbar takes complete control of your browsing, and modifies the home page, default browser, default search engine, and the desktop background. This malicious application creates the security breaches in your system which leads you towards downloading additional threats. The Television Fanatic Toolbar downloads tones of unnecessary files that put too much load on the memory of the system and resultantly, you will face huge slowdown in the speed of the system. You cannot remove this virus by using the traditional removal tools as it keep coming back again. It leads all your online searches towards creepy websites where you can get further infections.
The Manual Removal of Television Fanatic Toolbar
When you can see the symptoms of this dangerous toolbar, you have to take some solid steps to remove this virus completely in a manner that it will not return again. There are reliable automatic removal tools available through which you can remove this application within few minutes. The instructions for the manual removal are detailed below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before start removing this toolbar manually you need to boot the system in the safe mode. Reboot the computer, and access the boot options menu by using the F8 key. Once you can see the options regarding booting on the screen, select the Safe Mode before pressing the Enter key that leads you towards safe mode operation.
End the Malicious Processes
The next step of this process is removal of the malicious processes associated with the Television Fanatic Toolbar virus. In this regard, you have to access the windows task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the processes tab, to get rid of the following associated processes of the Television Fanatic Toolbar:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
After completing the above mentioned steps, you have to access the system files folder through file explorer, and delete the following associated files of the Television Fanatic Toolbar infection by using the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\Television Fanatic Toolbar.lnk
- %Programs%\Television Fanatic Toolbar\Television Fanatic Toolbar.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In order to complete the manual removal of the Television Fanatic Toolbar virus, you have to access the registry editor by selecting the Run option available in the Start menu, and type regedit before pressing the enter key. Once you are able to see the registry editor on your screen, remove the following associated entries of the Television Fanatic Toolbar virus:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Television Fanatic Toolbar\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Television Fanatic Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Television Fanatic Toolbar\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Television Fanatic Toolbar\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Television Fanatic Toolbar\DisplayName Television Fanatic Toolbar
Close the registry editor before restarting the machine in the normal mode, and if the check whether this toolbar virus is removed successfully. Refresh your existing antivirus software, and run a complete system scan.