The Tattoodle.com is a tricky adware which is also categorized as a browser hijacker. Once installed on any computer, it will immediately change all the major settings of the browser that includes homepage, default search engine, and desktop background. The Tattoodle.com is capable of redirecting all your searches towards phishing websites, and also run annoying pop-up ads on the screen of the infected machine. This malicious application utilize most of the resources resultantly you will experience the slowdowns in the browsing, and other online activities. This dangerous virus is developed by the hackers to track your online activities, and steal your personal information. It is also capable of making your system vulnerable for other similar threats, and opens backdoor for the additional viruses.
The Manual Removal of Tattoodle.com
Once your computer is compromised to the Tattoodle.com, it is wise that you should get rid of this virus with the help of any powerful automatic tool; however, the manual removal method is also available to remove this virus. Following are the instructions to remove the Tattoodle.com manually:-
Start Your Computer in the Safe Mode
You are required to terminate the normal mode of the infected system by restarting it in the safe mode. To see the list of boot options, you have to use the F8 key, and select safe mode option from that list to restart the computer in the safe mode.
Delete the Processes through Windows Task Manager
Once the infected computer starts working in the safe mode, you have to delete the associated processes created by this malicious adware. This can be done by accessing the windows task manager with the help of Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys. Once you are able to see the task manager, you have to select the processes tab, under which you can see all the running processes of your computer. You have to delete the following processes with the help of End Process button:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Data
Once corrupt processes are removed successfully, you have to get rid of the files and folders associated with the Tattoodle.com. In this regard, you have to open the file explorer, and locate the following files before removing them with the help of Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\Tattoodle.com .lnk
- %Programs%\Tattoodle.com \Tattoodle.com .lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In order to clean the windows registry you have to open the registry editor with the help of RegEdit command that can be run through the start menu. Once the registry editor is started, you have to find and delete the following corrupt entries associated with this virus:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Tattoodle.com \DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Tattoodle.com \UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Tattoodle.com \ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Tattoodle.com \DisplayName Tattoodle.com
When all the above mentioned steps are completed successfully, start the infected computer in the normal mode after closing the registry editor to see the effectiveness of these actions. Update the current antivirus program.