The System Care Antivirus 3.8.3 is a virus that is categorized as a rogue application. This malicious application presents itself as a legitimate antivirus program but actually it is a fake program that is designed with the ill purpose of stealing your money along with confidential information. Once installed on any system it runs a fake scan on your system and shows that there are a lot of errors in the system and it is in extreme danger. When you try to fix these issues, you will be asked to buy the paid version of this antivirus program. This dangerous virus keeps changing its name as well as location, and modify it according to the need. Once you try to buy this software, you will not only lose your money, but also your important information such as emails, passwords, and credit card details transferred to the hackers who can use it for cyber crimes.
The Manual Removal of System Care Antivirus 3.8.3
Once the system is infected by the System Care Antivirus 3.8.3, you need to remove this virus either by using any reliable automatic removal tool or with the help of the manual method. The manual removal method instructions are as under:-
Start Your Computer in the Safe Mode
The first step of this lengthy and complicated process is to reboot the system in the safe mode. You have to simply restart the machine and use F8 key to access the boot options from where you need to select the safe mode.
Delete the Processes through Windows Task Manager
After restarting the system in the safe mode you have to locate as well as delete the processes that are associated with this virus and running in the background. Access the task manager window by holding Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together and hit the Processes tab to see the list of running processes. You have to delete the following processes from the list:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Data
You also need to remove the files and folders associated with this malicious application. Open the file explorer and find the following files in the system files folder to delete them quickly:-
- %Desktopdir%\System Care Antivirus 3.8.3.lnk
- %Programs%\System Care Antivirus 3.8.3\System Care Antivirus 3.8.3.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The manual removal process will be complete when you clean the windows registry,. Open the start menu, select Run, and type RegEdit.exe in the box to start the registry editor. Once the registry editor is accessed you have to find as well as delete the following corrupt registry entries considered as associated with this threat. :-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\System Care Antivirus 3.8.3\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\System Care Antivirus 3.8.3
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\System Care Antivirus 3.8.3\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\System Care Antivirus 3.8.3\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\System Care Antivirus 3.8.3\DisplayName System Care Antivirus 3.8.3
Once the removal process of above mentioned entries completed close the registry editor, and start the system in the normal mode to see the effect of changes you have just made.