The Sys-doctor.com is one of the highly hazardous computer virus of recent times that is categorized as a fake rogue antivirus software, and install on the windows based computers without giving any information to the users. When you first time look at this program, you feel it as a legitimate antivirus software as it has a decent interface, but actually this is nothing more than a scam that is designed by the hackers to trap the computer users in order to steal their money. This malicious application uses the deceptive business model to force the users to buy this fake application. Once installed, you will see a number of changes in your system, and all these changes are actually an effort to force you to buy this infected software. You have to avoid this program whenever you receive messages or find it on your PC.
The Manual Removal of Sys-doctor.com
After getting infected from the Sys-doctor.com rogue application, you have to remove it as soon as possible to minimize the loss and protect your resources. You can delete this virus by using any reliable automatic removal tools that are easily available online. Besides that, the manual removal method of the Sys-doctor.com infection is also available that consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Reboot the computer, and use the F8 key while the system is restarted to access the boot options menu. Once the boot options are visible on the screen, you have to select the safe mode option and press the Enter key. This will boot your computer in the safe mode instead of the normal mode.
End the Malicious Processes
After booting the system in the safe mode, you can now proceed to the next step of this complicated process which is removal of the associated processes of this infection. You can see the list of running processes in your computer under the Processes tab available in the windows task manager which can be accessed by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Remove the following processes from the list:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
After done with the processes, you have to delete the following suspicious files hidden in the system files folder:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The final step of this process is clean the windows registry by removing the modifications created by the Sys-doctor.com infection. Access the registry editor by selecting the start menu, click on the Run option, and type “regedit” in the box before pressing “OK”. Remove the following suspicious entries with the help of the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Sys-doctor.com\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Sys-doctor.com\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Sys-doctor.com\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Sys-doctor.com\DisplayName Sys-doctor.com
Restart the computer in the normal mode after closing the registry editor window, and run a system scan through the updated version of your current antivirus program to remove the infections caused by this virus.