The Sweetsearch.com is a notorious browser hijacker that enters in the windows based systems without the permission of the user. Once installed, it hijacks all the browsers installed on your computer, and alter the internet settings to redirect all your searches towards its own website. Besides that, it also redirects you towards unknown websites where you are asked to purchase the products from unknown suppliers and download freeware. The Sweetsearch.com immediately starts tracking your browsing activities once installed, and settled in any computer. This malicious browser hijacker also alters your windows registry by adding the startup key to start automatically every time you starts your windows. This dangerous parasite performs various harmful activities inside your computer, and makes the speed of the system extremely slow as most of the resources are eaten by this virus. Once installed, the Sweetsearch.com can damage your sensitive system files, and delete your important data files.
The Manual Removal of Sweetsearch.com
When you receive this malicious browser hijacker on your system, you have to delete this virus immediately from your computer. The powerful automatic removal tools are available to delete this virus. Besides that, you can also remove this virus manually but the process of manual removal of this virus is not easy for the novice users. Following are the detailed instructions to get rid of this virus manually:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
Before going through the actual removal method, you have to reboot the system in the safe mode with the help of F8 key.
Kill the Associated Processes
The next step of this process is to remove the processes that are created by the Sweetsearch.com. In this regard, you have to access the task manager window, and under the processes tab you can see a long list of running processes in the background of your computer. You have to delete the following processes from the list and close the task manager :-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
Delete the following suspicious files from the system files folders with the help of Delete key :-
- %Desktopdir%\Internet Security Pro virus.lnk
- %Programs%\Internet Security Pro virus\Internet Security Pro virus.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You have to delete the entries added to the windows registry by this malicious application. In this regard, you have to click on the start button available at the bottom of your screen, and type “RegEdit” in the box after selecting the “Run” option. You have to delete the following malicious entries and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Internet Security Pro virus\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Internet Security Pro virus
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Internet Security Pro virus\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Internet Security Pro virus\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Internet Security Pro virus\DisplayName Internet Security Pro virus
In the end you have to check the success of the manual removal process by restarting the system in the normal mode, and if the virus is removed successfully, you have to run a complete system scan.