The Sweet-page.com virus is a dangerous threat that is classified as a browser hijacker that sneaks in the computer secretly, and perform the illegal activities that can be destructive for the overall health of your system. The hackers use this browser hijacker to run the third party advertisement and earn money from pay per click programs. This malicious application uses the deceptive techniques to cheat the innocent users and extract their hard earned money. You will notice that the internet becomes super slow, the browser freezes frequently, blue screen, and new icons on the desktop. It modifies the home page, and search provider without your consent, and the windows firewall is also altered. Whenever you try to open your browser, you will be automatically diverted towards phishing websites, and other hacked pages. This malicious application drops the cookies, and also use other illegal techniques to access your financial information, and steal your money by using your information.
Removal of Sweet-page.com virus
After confirming the availability of the Sweet-page.com virus in your PC, you have to take some solid steps to get rid of this browser hijacker. You can achieve this objective by using any powerful automatic tool. Besides that, the manual removal process is also available in this regard that consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
It is compulsory to start the system in the safe mode before proceeding with the manual removal instructions. In this regard, restart the computer, and access the boot options menu by hitting the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted. Select the safe mode option from the list before hitting the enter key to access the safe mode on your PC.
End the Malicious Processes
Hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to access the windows task manager by remaining in the safe mode. Select the Processes tab under the task manager where you can see all the processes running in the background. Following are some of the suspicious processes associated with the Sweet-page.com virus that are required to be removed by using the “End Process” button before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Following are some of the suspicious files associated with the Sweet-page.com virus that are required to be removed as quickly as possible:-
- %Desktopdir%\Sweet-Page.com Browser Hijacker.lnk
- %Programs%\Sweet-Page.com Browser Hijacker\Sweet-Page.com Browser Hijacker.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Click on the start menu, select Run, and type RegEdit in the box to access the registry editor. Delete the following associated entries of the Sweet-page.com virus before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Sweet-Page.com Browser Hijacker\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Sweet-Page.com Browser Hijacker
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Sweet-Page.com Browser Hijacker\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Sweet-Page.com Browser Hijacker\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Sweet-Page.com Browser Hijacker\DisplayName Sweet-Page.com Browser Hijacker
Reboot the system in the normal mode to see if the virus is removed successfully or still available, and update your existing antivirus to run a complete system scan on your computer.