The svchost.stealth.keylogger is a stealthy infection that enters in the windows based computers without the user permission, and perform numerous harmful activities. This malicious application spreads through spam email attachments, p2p sharing, removable devices and visiting compromised web pages. Once install on your PC, this extremely dangerous parasite changes the privacy settings of your computer and disable the antivirus to open the backdoor for the additional threats. You will also notice the huge decrease in the overall performance of your computer. This malicious tool is designed by the notorious hackers to take complete control of the targeted computers and steal the money of the users by accessing their confidential financial information. This lethal infection changes the important settings of your internet browser such as home page, default browser, DNS settings, and desktop background. The svchost.stealth.keylogger can remove some of the most crucial system files and blocks your access towards some important functions of the computer such as windows task manager and registry editor.
The Manual Removal of svchost.stealth.keylogger
Once you become the victim of the Svchost.stealth.keylogger, your objective is to delete this threat not only quickly but also effectively so that it won’t get back. You can delete this malicious application by using any powerful automatic removal tool within just a few minutes. Besides that, you can also get rid of this virus manually. Keep in mind that the manual removal method is extremely hard for the novice users and consists of the following steps:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
It is not possible to remove the svchost.stealth.keylogger manually when your computer is running in the normal mode. You have to reboot the system in the safe mode by using the F8 key repeatedly during the restarting of the system. When you can see the boot options menu, you have to select the Safe Mode and hit the enter button.
Kill the Associated Processes
Now you need to end the malicious processes added by this dangerous computer infection. In this regard, you have to hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to access the windows task manager and hit the Processes tab to see a list of running processes. You have to end the following associated processes of the svchost.stealth.keylogger:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
To delete the following corrupt files, you have to open the file explorer, and access the system files folder:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Click on the start menu, choose run, and write “RegEdit.exe” in the box to open the registry editor. Once the registry editor is accessed, you can delete the following suspicious entries to clean your windows registry:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Svchost.stealth.keylogger\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Svchost.stealth.keylogger\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Svchost.stealth.keylogger\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Svchost.stealth.keylogger\DisplayName Svchost.stealth.keylogger
Restart the machine in the normal mode to see the infection is removed or otherwise. Besides that, you also need to update the existing antivirus program and run a complete system scan.