The Surftastic.net is the latest of the series of the recently launched tricky browser hijackers . This malicious application takes over the system secretly after making several forced changes in the system settings without providing any prior information to the user. The Surftastic.net modify your default browser and search provider without your permission. To annoy you more, this malicious application starts running the pop-up ads on the main screen of your browser whenever you open a new browser tab. Apart from that, it keep redirecting all your web searches towards unknown phishing websites from where you can easily infected to more parasites. The Surftastic.net is an extremely powerful tool for the black hat hackers to generate traffic on the low ranked affiliate sites. They will get paid for every click you make on these unknown website, and often you will be forced to make a purchase or provide your credit card information. This malicious browser hijacker connects the system to a remote server managed by these notorious cyber criminals.
Removal of Surftastic.net
After knowing that the Surftastic.net adware program is arrived in the system,you must remove this infection completely from the system to protect your data as well as resources. There are automatic removal tools available in this regard that are easy to use, and acts fast. Besides that, the manual removal method is also available that is only recommended for the experienced computer users:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Start the computer in the safe mode to start the process of manual removal of this browser hijacker. Restart the system, and press the F8 key repeatedly to get the access of the boot options. Choose the safe mode before pressing the Enter key to start the PC in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
You have to get rid of the associated processes of this virus from the windows task manager after accessing the safe mode. Open the windows task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the processes tab to see the list of processes where you have to find as well as remove the following associated processes of the Surftastic.net before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
After getting rid of the suspicious process, you have to open the system files folder, and remove the following suspicious files by using the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Remove the unwanted modifications from the windows registry to complete the manual removal process. In this regard, access the registry editor by selecting the Run option in the Start menu, and type Regedit in the box. Remove the following entries once the registry editor is accessed:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Surftastic.net\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Surftastic.net\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Surftastic.net\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Surftastic.net\DisplayName Surftastic.net
Reboot the PC in the normal mode to see the result of your manual removal efforts. Update your existing antivirus program before running a complete system scan.