The Static.providinginternetnow.com is another variation of recently developed pesky browser hijackers that install on the windows based computers silently, and start destroying the system resources by performing harmful activities in the background. Once this infection enters in the system, it copies the malicious codes on the system, and create fake startup keys in the windows registry due to which, this computer worm starts automatically every time you boot the computer. This malicious browser hijacker is responsible of showing annoying pop-up ads on the screen, and whenever you try to lick on any of these pop-up messages, you will be redirected towards unknown places. It records your online activities, and steal your personal details such as emails, passwords, credit card information, and browsing history. This nasty browser hijacker is capable of infecting all the browsers, including the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and the Internet Explorer. This browser hijacker gets in the system while downloading spam email attachments sharing files on p2p networks, removable storage devices, and hacked websites.
Removal of Static.providinginternetnow.com
The Static.providinginternetnow.com is a dangerous browser hijacker that can be destructive for your resources and personal data. Once you confirm the presence of this infection, you have to immediately start the removal process. In this regard, you can get rid of this browser hijacker through an automatic removal tool. Apart from that, you can also remove this virus manually. Following are the steps that you have to execute during the manual removal process:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Restart the system, and press F8 key repeatedly to get the access of the boot options menu. Once you are able to see the list of boot options, just select the Safe Mode option by using the arrow keys, and press the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
Once the system starts working in the safe mode, you have to access the task manager through Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys, and click on the processes tab. Get rid of the following associated processes of the Static.providinginternetnow.com, and close the task manager window:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Delete the following associated files of the Static.providinginternetnow.com from the system files folder by using the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\Static.providinginternetnow.com popup Virus.lnk
- %Programs%\Static.providinginternetnow.com popup Virus\Static.providinginternetnow.com popup Virus.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You have to remove the suspicious entries associated with the Static.providinginternetnow.com. In this regard, you have to open the registry editor by executing the RegEdit command through the Run option in the Start Menu. After accessing the registry editor, you need to remove the following corrupt entries at your earliest:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Static.providinginternetnow.com popup Virus\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Static.providinginternetnow.com popup Virus
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Static.providinginternetnow.com popup Virus\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Static.providinginternetnow.com popup Virus\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Static.providinginternetnow.com popup Virus\DisplayName Static.providinginternetnow.com popup Virus
Restart the PC in the normal mode to see the effect of changes you have made recently. Run a complete system scan from the main interface of your antivirus.