The Static.Myleadsolution.com is a malicious application developed as a search engine, but in reality it is completely useless. The Static.Myleadsolution.com is classified as a browser hijacker that can take control of your browsing if allowed to stay in the system. Once installed, it inserts its own plugin in the default web browser, and floods the screen with annoying pop-up ads to disturb your normal surfing session. Most of these pop-ups are regarding fake security alerts that threatens you by saying that the system is at risk. Its tart collecting the information about your browsing habits, and steal the personal financial details such as credit card numbers, emails, passwords, and shopping preferences. All such information is then sent to the hackers, or developers of this infection who then use this precious information in online financial frauds. A high percentage of system resources got affected because of this virus, which obviously results in degradation of the performance of the system.
Removal of Static.Myleadsolution.com
After knowing that the system is compromised to the Static.Myleadsolution.com browser hijacker infection, you have to take immediate steps to get rid of this virus. The automatic tools are available in this regard that are extremely convenient to use. Besides that, you can also remove this infection manually, which is only recommended for the experienced users, and consists of the following instructions:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before doing anything, you have to start the system in the safe mode so that the instructions of manual removal process can be executed. In this regard, you have to restart the system, and get the access of the boot options menu by hitting the F8 key repeatedly. Select the safe mode and press the Enter key to start the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
To get rid of the malicious processes associated with the Static.Myleadsolution.com infection you have to access the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Select the Processes tab under the task manager window to see a list of processes running in the background of the system. Delete the following suspicious processes with the help of the “End Process” button:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
Remove the following associated files along with their folders from the system files folder by using the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\Static.Myleadsolution.com Pop-up ads.lnk
- %Programs%\Static.Myleadsolution.com Pop-up ads\Static.Myleadsolution.com Pop-up ads.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Access the registry editor by selecting the start menu, click the Run option, and write RegEdit in the box before pressing the OK button. Remove the following associated entries of the Static.Myleadsolution.com by using the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Static.Myleadsolution.com Pop-up ads\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Static.Myleadsolution.com Pop-up ads
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Static.Myleadsolution.com Pop-up ads\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Static.Myleadsolution.com Pop-up ads\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Static.Myleadsolution.com Pop-up ads\DisplayName Static.Myleadsolution.com Pop-up ads
You have to close the registry editor, and access the system in the normal mode to check the success of your efforts. Update the existing antivirus program, and run a complete system scan.