The static.infoaxe.com is a malicious application that infects the windows based computers secretly. Once installed, this malicious virus performs a number of unwanted activities in the system, and changes the system settings to open the backdoor for additional parasites. The purpose of spreading the static.infoaxe.com is to restrict the access of the user towards certain programs, and steal the crucial confidential information from the computer. This extremely dangerous virus can damage your system in a way that it becomes completely useless. Once installed, the static.infoaxe.com displays annoying pop-up ads on the screen, and disturb your regular browsing activities. This parasite is capable of creating the corrupt entries in the windows registry, and hide itself in a way that not even the most powerful antivirus program can detect it. Most of your security tools become disable once this fake application installed on your system. Besides that, the performance of the infected machine also degrades considerably.
The Manual Removal of static.infoaxe.com
After knowing that your system is compromised to the static.infoaxe.com infection, your goal is to remove this virus without wasting any kind of time.You can use automatic removal tools to get rid of this virus. Besides that, the manual removal method is also available. The instructions for the manual removal method are as under:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
Before starting the manual removal of this virus, you have to reboot the computer in the safe mode. The safe mode can be activated by restarting the computer, and use F8 to access the boot options. Once the boot options list displays on the screen, you have to select the safe mode, and press enter.
Kill the Associated Processes
When the computer starts operating in the safe mode, you have to open the windows task manager, and hit the processes tab where you can see all the running processes. You have to remove the following suspecious processes:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
After removing the corrupt processes, you have to delete the following associated data from the system files folder:-
- %Desktopdir%\Static.infoaxe.com virus.lnk
- %Programs%\Static.infoaxe.com virus\Static.infoaxe.com virus.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The next step is, removal of the malicious entries created by this virus ion the windows registry. This can be done with the help of the registry editor. Open the start menu, select “Run”, and write “RegEdit” before pressing the Enter key to access the registry editor. You have to delete the following malicious entries from there:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Static.infoaxe.com virus\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Static.infoaxe.com virus
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Static.infoaxe.com virus\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Static.infoaxe.com virus\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Static.infoaxe.com virus\DisplayName Static.infoaxe.com virus
Close the registry editor after removing such entries, and restart the computer in the normal mode to see the success of the manual removal process. If the infection is removed successfully, update the existing antivirus and scan your system to remove the infections caused by this tricky virus.