The Start.iminent.com Redirect Virus is similar to Sgpsupport.com Redirect Virus and one of the nasty browser hijacker that sneaks in the windows based computers without providing prior information. The first symptom of having this malicious application in the system is, you will receive tons of annoying pop-up ads on the screen. The main objective of designing, and distributing the Start.iminent.com Redirect Virus is to access your personal details including the financial information. This nasty browser hijacker can hijack most of browsers, including the Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. Once this virus enters in the system, it copies the corrupt entries, and files in the windows registry as well as system files folder. This virus mostly distributed through junk mail attachments, and social engineering. Once this virus enters in the system successfully, it immediately starts consuming a large amount of system resources which affects the speed of the system.
Removal of Start.iminent.com Redirect Virus
After realizing the presence of the Start.iminent.com Redirect Virus, you need to remove this infection without wasting a single minute. This browser hijacker can be removed through any reliable automatic tool which is the most convenient method. The manual removal is also available which is only recommended for the advanced level users, and detailed below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You can start the manual removal process as soon as the system is booted in the safe mode. In this regard, restart the computer, and press the F8 key repeatedly to see the list of boot options while the system is restarted. After accessing the boot options, you have to select the safe mode, and hit the Enter key to boot the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
After accessing the safe mode on the computer, you have to delete the associated processes of this virus. Access the task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and select the Processes tab to remove the following associated processes of this virus before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
Remove the following associated files of the Start.iminent.com Redirect Virus from the system files folder with the help of the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\Start.iminent.com Redirect Virus.lnk
- %Programs%\Start.iminent.com Redirect Virus\Start.iminent.com Redirect Virus.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The last and most important step of this whole process is normalizing the windows registry by getting rid of the corrupt associated entries of the Start.iminent.com Redirect Virus. Open the start menu, select the Run, and type RegEdit in the box to access the registry editor. Remove the following suspicious entries through the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Start.iminent.com Redirect Virus\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Start.iminent.com Redirect Virus
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Start.iminent.com Redirect Virus\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Start.iminent.com Redirect Virus\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Start.iminent.com Redirect Virus\DisplayName Start.iminent.com Redirect Virus
Close the registry editor, and reboot the system in the normal mode to see the effectiveness of the manual removal process. Run a full system scan through any updated antivirus program.