The Srv1.srv.statistics.com is a malicious domain that always infiltrates in the windows based systems without getting the consent of the user, and can be extremely destructive if you are unable to pay the attention in time. The Search.golliver.com is classified as an adware program that sneaks in the computers while performing unsafe browsing, and start changing the system settings with the objective to take control of the online activities of the user. It is capable of recording your browsing history, and access your data files folder to monitor your browsing habits. You will receive the unlimited pop-up ads on the screen of your browser whenever you start surfing on the web. Another dangerous trait of this adware program is, it keeps redirecting you towards affiliate sites, and you will not be able to open the websites of your choice. The purpose of this adware program is to steal the hard earned money of the user.
Removal of Srv1.srv.statistics.com
Once it is confirmed that the Search.golliver.com, is present in the computer, you must remove this infection as swiftly as possible. There are both manual as well as automatic options available to remove the Srv1.srv.statistics.com. The manual removal is a bit complicated for the novice computer users, and the instructions for the manual removal are as under:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You cannot remove these types of stubborn adware infections by remaining in the normal mode of operation. In this regard, restart the computer, and reach the boot options menu by hitting the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted. Select the safe mode after accessing the boot options, and press the Enter button to boot the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
You are required to end the associated processes of this adware program by remaining in the safe mode. In this regard, open the task manager with the help of the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys, and click on the Processes tab r the task manager where you have to delete the following corrupt processes one by one: –
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Get rid of the following associated files of the Srv1.srv.statistics.com from the system files folder by using the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Reverse the modifications made by the Search.golliver.com adware infection from the windows registry to complete the manual removal process. You have to access the registry editor in order to make changes in the windows registry. Click on the start menu, select Run, and write “regedit.exe” in the box to open the registry editor. Once the registry editor is accessed, you have to remove the following suspicious entries as quickly as possible:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Srv1.srv.statistics.com\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Srv1.srv.statistics.com\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Srv1.srv.statistics.com\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Srv1.srv.statistics.com\DisplayName Srv1.srv.statistics.com
Restart the computer in the normal mode, and run a complete system scan from the main interface of your antivirus.