The Srv.ailereonx.com redirect virus is a dangerous website that presents itself as a useful website that provides useful informati0on to the users. However in reality, the Srv.ailereonx.com redirect virus is used to collect the important personal information from the system of the victim. The Srv.ailereonx.com redirect virus performs a number of harmful activities such as modifying the browser settings, run commercial ads, and connects itself to the internet without your permission. This malicious application keeps diverting all your searches towards unknown and unwanted websites. It also replaces your home page, desktop background, and default search provider. You will see a number of pop-up ads on the screen that not only disturb your working, but also affect the performance of the system negatively. After collecting your data, the Srv.ailereonx.com redirect virus sends it to the developers of this application who uses that information for their illegal financial benefits.
Removal of Srv.ailereonx.com redirect virus
Once it is confirmed that the system is infected by the Srv.ailereonx.com redirect virus, you have to find a way to remove this malicious application completely. There are both manual as well as automatic options available to get rid of this virus. The manual removal process is not easy, and consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You cannot remove these stubborn computer infections by remaining in the normal mode because you cannot access many of important system utilities unless you do not start the safe mode operation. Access the boot options menu by using the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarting, and select the safe mode from the list before pressing the Enter key to open the safe mode of your computer.
End the Malicious Processes
Open the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and selects the processes tab. You have to find as well as delete the following processes associated from the available list:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
Following are some of the suspicious files hidden deep in the system files folder that you need to remove by using the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\Srv.ailereonx.com Redirect Virus.lnk
- %Programs%\Srv.ailereonx.com Redirect Virus\Srv.ailereonx.com Redirect Virus.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The manual removal process will be completed once you clean the windows registry. In this regard, you have to access the registry editor by executing the Regedit command through Run option available in the start menu. Once the registry editor is accessed, you have to delete the following suspicious entries associated with the Srv.ailereonx.com redirect virus:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Srv.ailereonx.com Redirect Virus\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Srv.ailereonx.com Redirect Virus
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Srv.ailereonx.com Redirect Virus\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Srv.ailereonx.com Redirect Virus\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Srv.ailereonx.com Redirect Virus\DisplayName Srv.ailereonx.com Redirect Virus
Close the registry editor before restarting the system in the normal mode to see the result of the manual removal efforts. If the virus is removed successfully, you have to run a complete system scan after updating your antivirus.