The Srv.ailereonx.com Pop-up ads is a nasty computer worm that attacks the windows based computers secretly, and gain complete control of your browsing activity. This malicious application can infect most of the browsers including the Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome. The Srv.ailereonx.com Pop-up ads is classified as a browser hijacker that is designed to hijack your browser, and gain monetary benefits through illegal ways. You will feel a huge difference in the speed of the system while surfing on the web, startup or shut down, and opening executable files. This application is actually designed with the clear motive of displaying pop-up ads for commercial ad campaigns, and making commissions from affiliate programs. This dangerous browser hijacker is often distributed through spam emails, visiting malicious links, peer to peer sharing of files, and downloading infected software.
Removal of Srv.ailereonx.com Pop-up ads
The Srv.ailereonx.com Pop-up ads is a serious threat for the security of your system that is required to be removed swiftly. You can find a number of reliable automatic tools to get rid of this browser hijacker, besides that, the manual removal of this malicious application is also available which is only recommended for the advanced level users, and consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before anything else, you have to boot the system in the safe mode. In this regard, restart the infected machine and keep pressing the F8 key repeatedly to see the boot options menu. Once the boot options are visible on the screen, select the safe mode before hitting the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
Once the system starts working in the safe mode, you have to end the associated processes of the Srv.ailereonx.com Pop-up ads. Access the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Once the task manager is visible on the screen, select the processes tab. Delete the following suspicious processes associated with this nasty adware virus by using the “End Process” button:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
After completing the removal of associated processes, you have to get rid of the associated data of the Srv.ailereonx.com Pop-up ads. Following are the files that you have to remove as quickly as possible:-
- %Desktopdir%\Srv.ailereonx.com Pop-up ads.lnk
- %Programs%\Srv.ailereonx.com Pop-up ads\Srv.ailereonx.com Pop-up ads.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
After completing all of the above mentioned steps, you have to reverse the modifications in the windows registry. Open the registry editor by clicking on the start menu, select Run option, and type Regedit in the box. Once the registry editor is accessed, you have to delete the following entries associated with the Srv.ailereonx.com Pop-up ads:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Srv.ailereonx.com Pop-up ads\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Srv.ailereonx.com Pop-up ads
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Srv.ailereonx.com Pop-up ads\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Srv.ailereonx.com Pop-up ads\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Srv.ailereonx.com Pop-up ads\DisplayName Srv.ailereonx.com Pop-up ads
Close the registry editor window, and reboot the PC in the normal mode. Update the existing antivirus program to run a complete system scan.