The Square Trace is one of the most recent variations of the deadly dangerous adware programs which is developed by the hackers with the purpose of making money through unethical and illegal methods. The adware is considered as an advanced level parasite which cannot be detected or removed through normal security arrangements. The Square Trace is a typical parasite that directly affect your browser, and make several forced changes in your browser settings. You will notice a huge fall down in the speed of the system, and often it become unresponsive in the middle of a task. Besides that, it takes a lot of time whenever you open a website because of that, it becomes almost impossible to work on the system. It destroy your system files folder by removing the most important system files without your permission. You will also receive countless numbers of the annoying pop-up ads on the screen of your system.
Removal of Square Trace
Once you discover the Square Trace on the system, you have to find an effective method to get rid of this adware program. There are some excellent automatic tools available in this regard, that are not only easy to use, but also give you swift results. Apart from that, the manual removal process is only recommended for the professional computer users, and consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
First of all, you have to access the safe mode on the infected system so that you can start the manual removal process. You have to restart the system, and hit the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted to see the list of boot options on your screen. After accessing the boot options list, select the Safe Mode, and hit the Enter key to boot the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Once the safe mode is accessed, you have to open the windows task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and select the Processes tab where you can see a list of processes running in the background. Kill the following processes associated with the Square Trace before closing the task manager: –
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
After removing the associated processes, you have to get rid of the following associated files of the Square Trace:-
- %Desktopdir%\Square Trace.lnk
- %Programs%\Square Trace\Square Trace.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Finally, you have to remove the corrupt associated entries from the windows registry. In this regard, access the registry editor by executing the “regedit” command through Run option on the Start menu. Once the registry editor is accessed, you have to remove the following suspicious entries associated with the Square Trace:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Square Trace\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Square Trace
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Square Trace\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Square Trace\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Square Trace\DisplayName Square Trace
Restart the system in the normal mode to see how effectively you have removed the infection, and run a complete system scan through an updated version of your current antivirus.