The SparkleBox Toolbar is a severe toolbar virus that injected on the system without your permission, and immediately after entering in the computer, it performs several unwanted activities that can harm your system in many different ways. After entering in the PC, it executed automatically, and blocks your access towards important system utilities such as task manager, and registry editor. The SparkleBox Toolbar infection modify the security settings, disable your antivirus, and alter the windows firewall to invite additional threats in your computer. This malicious application is actually designed to access your system remotely, and steal your highly confidential details including your financial credentials. Once this dangerous computer virus gains the access of your system, it changes the browser settings to track your online activity and control your browsing. The SparkleBox Toolbar distributed through corrupt websites, freeware download, junk mail attachments, and removable devices. Your system resources are utilized by this malicious application which directly affect the speed of your system.
Removal of SparkleBox Toolbar
As soon as you realized the presence of the SparkleBox Toolbar, you have to decide what method you want to use to remove this nasty computer worm. The SparkleBox Toolbar can be removed either by using any automatic tool, or by following the complicated instructions of the manual removal process. The instructions for the manual removal are detailed below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
First of all you need to change the mode of operation from normal to safe so that you can start the manual removal of the SparkleBox Toolbar. Restart the PC, and access the boot options menu through F8 key. Select the safe mode option from the menu, and strike the Enter key to access the safe mode on the system.
End the Malicious Processes
Hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys, to open the windows task manager, and select the processes tab to delete the following associated processes of the SparkleBox Toolbar virus by using the “End Process” button before closing the task manager window:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
Open the file explorer, and proceed to the system files folder to delete the following associated files of the SparkleBox Toolbar along with their folders:-
- %Desktopdir%\SparkleBox Toolbar.lnk
- %Programs%\SparkleBox Toolbar\SparkleBox Toolbar.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The last and most crucial step of this whole process is the removal of the entries created by this virus in the windows registry. In this regard, access the start menu, click on the Run option, and type Regedit to access the registry editor. Once the registry editor is accessed, remove the following entries associated with the SparkleBox Toolbar:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\SparkleBox Toolbar\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\SparkleBox Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\SparkleBox Toolbar\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\SparkleBox Toolbar\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\SparkleBox Toolbar\DisplayName SparkleBox Toolbar
In the end, you have to restart the machine in the normal mode after closing the registry editor to know the result of your manual removal efforts.