The Spamhaus XBL Advisory is a dangerous ransomware which attacks the computers all over the world through malicious websites. It is a fake application which is developed to hack the computers, and then ask money to open the blockage. Once this malicious application downloaded on your computer, it performs fake scan on your computer and show you that your computer is infected from a number of infections, and when try to delete these infections, it shows you a message that you need to buy a licensed version of Spamhaus XBL Advisory in order to remove these infections. Keep in mind that this is a fake program which is developed to trap the users. Once your computer infected with this dangerous parasite, it will redirect all your searches towards certain websites, and change the settings of your browser. It keeps performing the fake scans, and keep threatening you from the fake infections.
Manual Removal of Spamhaus XBL Advisory
Once the infection detected on your machine, you need to remove it quickly to minimize the amount of damage. There are some automatic tools available which helps you to remove Spamhaus XBL Advisory through some clicks of the mouse, but if you are interested to remove this parasite manually, following are the steps:-
Restart the Computer in Safe Mode
The first thing which you need to do to remove the Spamhaus XBL Advisory manually is reboot the computer in safe mode. In this regard, just restart the PC, and press F8 to start the boot menu option window. Here you have to select the safe mode option and press Enter.
Kill the Associated Process
When your computer starts in the safe mode, you have to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete to start the windows task manager window, and press Processes button. Here you have to identify and kill the following associated processes:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete Files and Folders
After getting over the processes, you have to delete the malicious files and folders. In this regard you have to open the file explorer, and look for the following associated files to remove them:-
- %Desktopdir%\Spamhaus XBL Advisory Virus.lnk
- %Programs%\Spamhaus XBL Advisory Virus\Spamhaus XBL Advisory Virus.lnk
Delete Associated Registry Entries
Finally you need to get rid the malicious registry entries that are added by the Spamhaus XBL Advisory. In this regard, you need to click on the Start menu, and select Run. In the box you need to type RegEdit and press ok to start the registry editor. Once the registry editor is opened, you can then navigate and delete the malicious registry entries associated with this dangerous virus.
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Spamhaus XBL Advisory Virus\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Spamhaus XBL Advisory Virus
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Spamhaus XBL Advisory Virus\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Spamhaus XBL Advisory Virus\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Spamhaus XBL Advisory Virus\DisplayName Spamhaus XBL Advisory Virus
Just close the registry editor after removing the above mentioned entries, and start your computer in the normal mode.