The SoftwareBundler:Win32/Cakeport is a dangerous Trojan infection that is specifically designed to get the complete control of the targeted PC remotely. One of the obvious signs of getting SoftwareBundler:Win32/Cakeport infection inside your computer is, all your internet settings changed all of a sudden, and you are unable to reverse these modifications. In order to prevent the manual removal, this malicious Trojan disables your antivirus program as well as windows task manager. This dangerous Trojan virus mostly enter in the system when you try to open an attachment that you received through the spam email. The single motive of developing this lethal computer virus is to access the private information of the user such as credit card details, passwords, bank account credentials, emails, and browsing history. This information is used for the purpose of stealing the money of the user through frauds and online crimes. Once installed, this virus starts eating most of the system resources due to which you cannot access most of your crucial functions, and the speed of the computer also reduces manifold.
The Manual Removal of SoftwareBundler:Win32/Cakeport
Once the availability of the SoftwareBundler:Win32/Cakeport infection is confirmed in any system, the user has to find an effective method of removing this virus quickly. There are both manual as well as automatic methods available to get rid of this Trojan infection. Following are the instructions for complicated yet possible manual removal of this infection:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
You cannot remove this virus unless your PC is running in the normal mode; therefore, you have to terminate the normal mode, and restart the system in the safe mode. Restart the system and use F8 key repeatedly to see the list of boot options. Once the boot options are accessed, select the safe mode option and press the enter key to start the computer in the safe mode.
Kill the Associated Processes
The next thing you have to do is, to remove the malicious processes running in the background of your system. You can see these processes under the processes tab available in windows task manager that can be accessed by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Remove the following associated processes of this virus from the list:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
Following are the associated files of this infection that are hidden in the system files folder and needed to be removed quickly:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In order to clean the windows registry, you have to click on the start menu, select Run, and type RegEdit in the box to access the registry editor. After accessing the registry editor, you have to find and delete the following suspicious entries, and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\SoftwareBundler:Win32/Cakeport\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\SoftwareBundler:Win32/Cakeport\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\SoftwareBundler:Win32/Cakeport\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\SoftwareBundler:Win32/Cakeport\DisplayName SoftwareBundler:Win32/Cakeport
Reboot the system in the normal mode, and update your existing anti virus program to run a system scan on the PC.